Souten Kouro

Silver_Fox

Banned
One of the anime with Three Kingdom theme. Okay.. where should i start.. this anime is good but bad at the same times. This anime is good because as anime with Three Kingdom theme this one is pretty unique, usually anime like this following the traditional formula using Liu Bei as main perspective but Souten Kouro building the story from Cao Cao's perspective, this is very nice start.

The story is actually good, they covered most of earlier Cao Cao's Champaign like eradicating yellow turban rebellion, battle with Lu Bu, Zhang Xiu and Yuan Shao. But unfortunately this series not giving enough spotlight to Cao Cao's prominent General like Xiahou Dun, Xiahou Yuan, Cao Ren, Cao Hong, Zhang Liao, Xu Huang, Yu Jin, Yue Jin, Zhang He, seriously.. this could be better.

Another let down is character design and interpretation. It is bad (for me), characters give different vibe from they are on the novel, Lu Bu is a big joke, Jia Xu look like a commander than strategist. Okay i know that this is free interpretation but at least stick to the basic concept, for casual audience of course it's okay but for audience like me who have Three Kingdom knowledge this anime become funny, not refreshing at all.

So.. i must say this anime is good and bad at the same time. Well let's take out my personal bias, this anime also not too stand out, watch it only if you don't have anything to watch

Back