Some suggestions please.

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
Hello everyone!

I am going to post something really long :D

Here is my story. I am from India. Also, recently I got my degree in computer science and engineering (B-Tech  -  CSE). I was offered a job in an It company but , I kinda rejected that offer as I don't want to leave my family, as of yet.

I didn't know that, I might regret that decision. Well, without doing much research, I had applied for a masters program in the same stream, in my university.
Later, I came to know that, my university isn't really known for masters program. I was devastated. There are no placements for us masters students and the value of the masters degree isn't that great either :(

Now, I've realized that I made a serious mistake. I fought with my father as he didn't want me to for a masters program. So, this seems like, I am in a big mess now. I want to become a professor as I love teaching profession. So, it's good to have a PDH for that. Now, I am thinking of doing my PHD overseas. But, it seems like most of the universities in USA and UK, doesn't really count M-TECH as a post graduation course.

I don't want to go to a university who rejects my course like that. Also, I don't want to do MS from the scratch.

So, could you guys give me some suggestions regarding how to do PHD?
Also, would you mind recommending a country and a university for me?

My father isn't taking me seriously anymore. Well, I kind let him down when I rejected that job offer and all... and mom is too busy with her work( she is a head mistress in a government school). Also, she isn't familiar with all this stuff just like me. I do know one thing that, no matter what decision I make she will support me just like how she always did.

Right now, I am a first year(in masters program). So, I have one and a half year, to pick a country and to go a university in that country.

Sorry guys, but I am in a real mess and I really want some serious advice.

Thank you,

Yours Claraviolet.

Pure and simple, look about, do your research and do what you think is best as it's all down to you at the end of the day.

I would suggest you to work for a while and do a PhD. As it helps you to earn some money and help you take some decisions on your own. Plus few organization helps you in pursuing M.S. My brother who works in Wipro, is doing M.S along with his job (provided by the company itself).

Try some companies which doesn't have a bond and stay in it for a while. During that time do some research in Internet, or ask some friends about Universities.

Claraviolet said:
Thanks for the suggestions guys :D

Follow Albert's suggestion...............That is the best possible one.............Join Quora.............Best. Website. Ever. Period..............

Back