Some SEO tips for all the users

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
Keyword Density, Prominence, Proximity 

1. Keyword Density Means: The number of keywords used in a an article, for example your article is about beauty tips, and you wrote an article on this topic up to 500 words, so simply you can repeat the keyword "Beauty Tips" about 15 (3%) times maximum and 10 (2%) times normally. The best practice is keeping the keyword density up to 2%. However, the maximum limit is 3% but that should never be used. 

2. Keyword Prominence Means: The placement of your keyword in an article is called "Keyword Prominence", something like if you want to use the Keyword in the starting of the article, in the starting of the title or in the starting of your permalink. Highly recommended placement for keyword prominence is; using the keyword in at the top, for example in the starting of the page title, starting of the permalink, starting of the description or even in starting of the paragraph. 

3. Keyword Proximity Means: The distance between one word and another word of the keyword is called "Keyword Proximity", for example if my keyword is "SEO Tips 2014" and I write the title of the article something like this "SEO Tips & Tricks for 2014", this means I've used 80% keyword proximity because the exact words of the keyword has a distance up to one word, as the two words "SEO Tips" are ok but the 2014 has distance.

Are these standard definitions?
Well I will be sticking this thread too for others to know about it

I don't think anyone would bother about following them but it would be nice if users do give this a thought.
We need some exposure after all

Even with all the explanation, I didn't get it at all.
Would you mind saying them in simple terms?

KuranKaname said:
Even with all the explanation, I didn't get it at all.
Would you mind saying them in simple terms?

@Claraviolet

Even I am interested in understanding this in simpler terms...

SEO techniques change by the day.
And now with tech giants imposing favouritism (using the term "fake news" as an excuse for that), I doubt SEO will still work in the very near future.

Pretty hard to require useres of a site to follow them, but upper staff should follow them when making new detailed posts on the forum if possible.

Mansi14 said:
@Claraviolet

Err....
Well....may be some other time -.-'
???????? said:
SEO techniques change by the day.
And now with tech giants imposing favouritism (using the term "fake news" as an excuse for that), I doubt SEO will still work in the very near future.
Probably but we can't be so sure.
Demon_skeith said:
Pretty hard to require useres of a site to follow them, but upper staff should follow them when making new detailed posts on the forum if possible.

Hmm...yeah.....

SEO kiddo.
We were talking about that..right?
In fact, the whole thread is about that. A crawler should follow certain algorithm to get the latest content and now, they are keywords...even if we have some interpreters in the future to extract the meaning, it would follow certain rules...so...we could always manipulate stuff, if we really want to. But if anyone reports, that would be the end though.

Mansi14 said:
@Claraviolet

No response from her again. Your tagging didn't work but even if it had, I don't think she would have made another thread or modified this

KuranKaname said:
No response from her again. Your tagging didn't work but even if it had, I don't think she would have made another thread or modified this
Umm..I am busy with stuff. You could always Google ya know.
There are standard stuff and I tried to explain in simpler terms but didn't succeed, to be honest

Also, meta tags are actually important. A lot of people tend to overlook metatags but they really affect your SEO. It's also nicer for your traffic. I personally don't like looking at my tabs and seeing just "Home" or "Index" in the title. I like when I can look at my tabs and see what tab belongs to which site.

Jerlene said:
Also, meta tags are actually important. A lot of people tend to overlook metatags but they really affect your SEO. It's also nicer for your traffic. I personally don't like looking at my tabs and seeing just "Home" or "Index" in the title. I like when I can look at my tabs and see what tab belongs to which site.

Claraviolet,
Does this works currently or working now? I see most of the SEO has not working and new algorithm was for content writers only. I would go with proper Meta tags onsite since it will boost in serp ranking.

Back