So many spam accounts?

Blackangel

why aren't we deleting them?.
there are many spam accounts everywhere and i don't think it's good to leave them alone

They are new here..give them some time to get to know the site
I personally think that an automated message welcoming newbies to their email would make a difference

Blackrose said:
I personally think that an automated message welcoming newbies to their email would make a difference

This is a good idea. If they don't want to push in, then we're the one that must pull them in

Blackrose said:

but no one is posting.
even their names are very weird and i don't think most of them are real
Demon_skeith said:
it is bad to let site stats become clogged from useless spam accounts.
i agree
Poseidon said:
This is a good idea. If they don't want to push in, then we're the one that must pull them in
lol

Blackangel said:
but no one is posting.
even their names are very weird and i don't think most of them are real
i agree
lol

Yeah I guess but lets give them at least a couple of months before kicking them out

Poseidon said:

Demon_skeith said:
it is bad to let site stats become clogged from useless spam accounts.

I agree but they should be given a timespan like maybe a couple of months or so before deleting there accounts is all I'm saying

Blackrose said:

Blackrose said:
Yeah I guess but lets give them at least a couple of months before kicking them out

I agree but they should be given a timespan like maybe a couple of months or so before deleting there accounts is all I'm saying

we waited so long.
i forgot when they stopped deleting those accounts and it's only fair to delete them now

Thank you for the feedback Angel.
Please note that this is the announcements section and thus you are not supposed to post topics such as this. 
Thank you for your understanding.

Blackangel said:
we waited so long.
i forgot when they stopped deleting those accounts and it's only fair to delete them now

Well for those I think it would be ok but I think Clara recently purged the spam accounts though

i am sorry.
i will be mindful of the sections before posting and thank you for moving it to the right section

I think we are getting spambots again man.
This is very weird and we haven't been getting any spam traffic and now all of a sudden, so many spambots are registering at once?

Blackangel said:
i have been noticing them too
i think even staff saw them. if i see any spam post, i will tag the mods. report button isn't working
Tag me if it's not working.

Blackangel said:
i have been noticing them too
i think even staff saw them. if i see any spam post, i will tag the mods.
report button isn't working

What spam post? Every post looks normal to me

Poseidon said:
What spam post? Every post looks normal to me
we will be seeing them.
just like how there are bugs will you see the droppings, you search spam posts very soon

Lucifer said:
I think we are getting spambots again man.
This is very weird and we haven't been getting any spam traffic and now all of a sudden, so many spambots are registering at once?
Wait the bots can register ? ??
What exactly are these things???

Blackrose said:
i think it's for advertising
there are many accounts like that. davidnit is one such account i think. i am not very knowledgeable in this

Blackrose said:
They are automated programs man.
They register in websites and try to get backlinks for their products page or their own websites.

Back