Smart Phone Innovations?

Thomasss

Recently, I've been reading about the various new smart phones coming out. I'm noticing a trend in new releases. Cell phone dimensions are changing slightly, inner workings receive a small upgrade, and the software visuals change slightly. However, many of the new phones offer incredibly similar features that haven't changed much from the last generation or two, depending on the company. Despite this, the term innovation is being thrown around where features are simply being re-branded. With this modern day "innovation," we still continue to see rising cellular costs on flagship devices.

Do you opt for the brand new flagship devices? Why or why not? What features would you like to see added in the next generation of smart phones?

This is why I wait several years, unlike people who will blindly go out and just buy any phone that slaps a new tag on to it. By the time I do get a new phone, it is because it has advance since my 5 year old phone.

I usually opt for the mid-range flagship phones, i.e. the ones with the best processor and speed but ones that don't come with the most premium features. But I do like that phones have become thinner with less bezels. And longer. They have become more fragile though so careful handling is necessary. I usually change my phone every 3-4 years.

MadaraUchiha said:
I usually opt for the mid-range flagship phones, i.e. the ones with the best processor and speed but ones that don't come with the most premium features. But I do like that phones have become thinner with less bezels. And longer. They have become more fragile though so careful handling is necessary. I usually change my phone every 3-4 years.

every 3-4 years?
that's a really long time. it sounds very cool.

MadaraUchiha said:
Phones usually last that long so why not.

What would you usually do with the old phones?
I recently got a new phone and I don't know what to do with my first old phone, at the moment :(

MadaraUchiha said:

I dislike that they seem to be getting longer, kind of causes me to drop mine and as you mentioned, they are fragile these days.

[quote="Albert Newton" pid='193493' dateline='1587202192']
I generally get them exchanged for my new phone whenever i buy one (Online). 

What you can do is maybe give it to someone you know who can use it for exchange maybe ? Or you can just throw your used mobile in certain electronics disposal bins provided in Mobile Service centers and they will take care of the Disposal.
[/quote]

For exchange, we hardly get around 1-2 k for an old phone.
I remember getting it for around 22k, so I couldn't do that

Demon_skeith said:
I dislike that they seem to be getting longer, kind of causes me to drop mine and as you mentioned, they are fragile these days.

Longer phones are sorta ideal for me hands so I'm down with that but yeah what you say is a problem for me.

Back