Silent West

Lord Saru

Something that has really crossed my mind is the dearth of western weste series despite having a huge fan base. The Western part of the world, I believe, is the second largest fanbase of animes yet the production of series are very meagre. 

The big animation companies are more concentrated on superhero movies and anime MOVIES rather than webseries. 

Why do you think there is this silence from the western world?

Well since i'm Asian live in Asia i think i don't have competency to answer this but i do want to participate. Maybe.. there is something to do with the changes of people's taste, i mean.. people like movies, so with high demand on movie then they produced more movie to meet public's expectation. And also.. i think movies make more profit

Probably would have to deal with the fact that even though people still like to watch new shows, there are a growing number of people that don't want to deal with commercials, even if it is hosted on the company site that made it. My two cents, but that much I do know.

The commercialization of this segment needs to be done. I do agree that the fanbase is huge in that area, but production level is still very low. There is a need of a major overhaul of the whole system.

I've always just figured Asian cultures have a monopoly on it. They seem to be naturally talented at doing anime & manga. I think also they have a different way of thinking due to their culture than here in the USA. You can tell the difference in that when you view a simple Hollywood film & compare it with one from overseas. I actually prefer the latter as Hollywood tends to be biased in their stories.

Back