Shokugeki no Souma

Vaador

Synopsis

Ever since he was a child, fifteen-year-old Souma Yukihira has helped his father by working as the sous chef in the restaurant his father runs and owns. Throughout the years, Souma developed a passion for entertaining his customers with his creative, skilled, and daring culinary creations. His dream is to someday own his family's restaurant as its head chef.

Yet when his father suddenly decides to close the restaurant to test his cooking abilities in restaurants around the world, he sends Souma to Tootsuki Culinary Academy, an elite cooking school where only 10 percent of the students graduate. The institution is famous for its "Shokugeki" or "food wars," where students face off in intense, high-stakes cooking showdowns.

As Souma and his new schoolmates struggle to survive the extreme lifestyle of Tootsuki, more and greater challenges await him, putting his years of learning under his father to the test.

I've been wanting to read this ever since I finished season 2, but the anime is so good. Granted the second season felt a little rushed but it was still great. I was pretty much blown away by this anime from the first episode of season 1. Are you watching season 3?

I greatly enjoy it, mostly for the tasty food they display and the character interactions which this series has a interesting cast to follow. I'm curious to see how this will end.

There are some cake preparations in anime. I don't remember the anime name but those cakes are too good and delicious to look at. Got me hungry every time I watched it.

As a former chef, I have enjoyed every page of this managa, and I will highly recommend it. The food can be recreated if you are rich tho, as some ingredients are all over the world lol.

Its a good thing that the young lad helped his father in the restaurant business in order to raise funds from the business and carter for family bills. That's not seen around most of the children nowadays.

Sincerem said:
Its a good thing that the young lad helped his father in the restaurant business in order to raise funds from the business and carter for family bills. That's not seen around most of the children nowadays.
You have read it already? Is that good? I normally don't like these type of genres lol. I like the adventure and action kind of Animes.

Razor1911 said:
You have read it already? Is that good? I normally don't like these type of genres lol. I like the adventure and action kind of Animes.
Nope, I never read it dear. The brief storyline gave me some understanding from what the OP detailed about the story of the young lad and his father running a restaurant business.

Sincerem said:
Nope, I never read it dear. The brief storyline gave me some understanding from what the OP detailed about the story of the young lad and his father running a restaurant business.

You're there, the few plot or write about a particular topic can satisfy my view. I don't need to read long list contents to get the right substance.

[quote="Sincerem" pid='260249' dateline='1627643583']
[/quote]

Lol, that’s definitely not the plot.

I'm simply talking about what I got as derivative from the storyline you posted. Okay, can you briefly tell me how the plot goes? Thank you.

[quote="Sincerem" pid='260668' dateline='1627999506']
I'm simply talking about what I got as derivative from the storyline you posted. Okay, can you briefly tell me how the plot goes? Thank you.
[/quote]

I never posted the storyline, and the OP never mentioned anything about dealing with family debt.

Souma’s dad shuts down his restaurant to travel the world to work on his cooking. He then tells his son he signed him up to the elite Totsuki Culinary Academy to work on his own skills. Souma takes his father up on the offer, and after arriving realizes how competitive the school is between the various students. The students compete against each other over cook offs called shokugeki.

[quote="Sincerem" pid='260671' dateline='1628003276']

Thanks dear for clearing the misconception in me about the plot you introduced here. 
So what happened next when souma realized the other students are talented cooks via shokugeki?
[/quote]

He gets fired up and takes them head on.

[quote="Sincerem" pid='260675' dateline='1628035227']
Hmm, I didn't get your sentence best way I could. Did you mean the competition became very intense for him??
[/quote]

He’s very competitive, so it gets him excited

Okay, I got your points now dear. He's competitive and the part the the star represent or act is exciting too.

[quote="Sincerem" pid='260775' dateline='1628101792']
Okay, I got your points now dear. He's competitive and the part the the star represent or act is exciting too.
[/quote]

I have no idea what you’re trying to say.

Back