Sekirei anime review

Star_Of_Hope

Akatsuki
Staff member
Sekirei

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Walking home, depressed, 19 year old Minato Sahashi failed his second consecutive college entrance exam. He did not know, however, that his whole life was going to change in a matter of minutes. Falling from the sky, a woman named Musubi crashed down on him, after being chased by two creatures with special abilities called "Sekireis". Close to being killed, Musubi, another Sekirei, escapes with Minato and gets to a safer place, where she tries to explain the situation. It turns out, there are 108 Sekireis in Tokyo, and they are part of a "game". The Sekireis and their Ashikabis (their husband or wife) have to have a battle to the death, and the last person standing wins a prize. Scared out of his mind, Minato realized that he has been brought into this terrifying game, which could possibly lead to death for him as well as his Sekirei. Will Minato and his Sekirei survive? Will they win the game? Find out by watching "Sekirei" and its sequel "Sekirei: Pure Engagement"!

This anime takes place in Tokyo in 2020, and they aren't allowed to escape the city. This anime is so much different than any other anime that I have ever watched, but that doesn't mean that it didn't have a wonderful plot and astounding characters. I know that the name is kind of strange, but it's worth watching. However, beware! There are many scenes that should be censored. There's a reason it's rated R+; kids shouldn't be watching this!!!! I believe it is intended for a male audience, as it shows the female body parts, frequently. Those scenes are supposed to be "comedy". You can skip most of those scenes, as they aren't important.

I have completed both "Sekirei" and "Sekirei : Pure Engagement", so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

Trailer

My rating:
Plot: 8.5
Characters: 9
Creativity: 9.5
Animation: 8
Overall: 8.5
-Pervy Sage
[/font]

Back