Repair shops?

Jerlene

If you run into problems with your computer, or any electronic device, do you have a repair shop look at it? 
I worked for one for years and they would cheat people out of their money all of the time so I would never go to a shop and I would never recommend going to a shop to anyone. 
I personally like to fix my own stuff. I never get it repaired by anyone else.

I've always fixed stuff my self or just replaced the part needed and if I cant fix it I usually just buy a new one.

Depends on the type of repair that's needed. Like I have a laptop whose wires to the screen needs fixing forever.The visual on it it terrible but I make do with it anyways. Repair shop might just say I need a new something that costs crazy cash that I don't have.

It's best to see if you can ty to diagonse and repair the device yourself, it'll save a lot money. With the likes of YouTube and online tutorials, diagonising issues can be easy in today's era. Repair shops are a last resort due to the cost for me.

I tend to fix my own problems, and there's only really been one instance where I had to bring my computer into the shop - i totally forgot to put the little slip between my coolers backplate and the motherboard, so a full chunk of metal was pressing against the motherboard. Eventually, of course, this shorted out, but since I was unaware there was even a slip there to begin with I couldn't diagnose it until I brought it in.

Funnily enough, they couldn't figure it out either. It was only when I was going through the boxes for parts I found the slip and realized my mistake.

[quote="Demon_skeith" pid='230556' dateline='1607237390']
I'm happy I can fix my own stuff, though I feel like I get cheated when I take my car into the shop.
[/quote]

Depends on what it is, along with the labor costs, and how old your car is. Starting about 15 years ago, car manufacturers are making it more of a pain to do repairs that used to be simple to do. Like essentially removing the engine to change a spark plug, when you used to just be able to stick your arm in there.

Though if it’s for a situation where you come in with one problem and they diagnose an unrelated one, yeah sure, tell them to get bent. Like the time I went to get the corner of my bumper fixed, and the guy said “oh look, you have $5K of hail damage on the roof”. What hail damage? Looks like I need to wash pollen off my car.

i do
i don't know a thing about these things work and it's better to fix them using professional help

Back