Record of Ragnarok

MoonlightShadow

V.I.P. Member
Okay so this series made me curious for some time, then i decide to read it. To be blunt.. this series is total average, nothing special, basicly this series is just your usual tournament arc in mainstream battle shonen. There's no story in this series, it just one day bunch of Gods decide to eliminate humanity, but the main protagonist Valkyrie Hilde defend humanity and use some loophole in Valhala Constitution to give humanity chance to compete with the Gods in Ragnarok, that's all

Okay no significant story, so i think the fight will be awesome, but no, it lacking something. I even watch the anime version to watch every fight between the humans and Gods, but still lack something, personally.. i think DBS did better fight than this series

So what's the good thing about this series? It's the cast of the characters, they are interesting..

Human side :
Lu Bu
Adam
Sasaki Kojiro
Jack the Ripper
Raiden Tameemon
Qin Shi Huang
Nikola Tesla
Leonidas
Okita Souji
Gregory Rasputin
Nostradamus
Simo Hayha
Kintoki Sakata

Gods side :
Zeus
Buddha
Apollo
Loki
Poseidon
Susano'o
Hercules
Thor
Bishamonten
Anubis
Odin
Beelzebub
Shiva

Promising right? I think the list could be better, but yes this one is interesting too

But seriously.. this series is so mediocre, we can even predict the outcome of the end of the series. 13 humans vs 13 Gods, the end results would be 6 wins and 6 losses for human side, and the fate of humanity would be decided by the last fighter. Who is that last fighter would be? Probably Okita Souji or Kintoki Sakata because they are Japanese lol

And beware! this series have annoying main protagonist sidekick, the usual loud, childish, whiny brat, bear with her or just ignore she exist lol

Okay so basicly this series is just a mediocre one for me but still entertaining because of the characters. You can read or watch it if you want

lol why do humans think they can even win against gods in most of the anime?
i should never truly understand that.

13 seems like such an ominous number.
I am going to watch it. Thank you for sharing this!

Back