Rascal Does Not Dream Of Bunny-Girl Senpai Review

HannahCN

Okay, first things first: Bunny-Girl Senpai is *not* actually about bunny girls. It's a title based on a single scene involving one of the main characters in a bunny girl costume, and I guess they needed some way to draw attention.​
[img=320x480]https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M...qcGdeQXVyMzgxODM4NjM@._V1_.jpg[/img][/CENTER]

So what is it about then? Bunny-Girl Senpai is a slice of life/supernatural show, and while the plot isn't all that great, it's the characters that really make this show. Said plot revolves around the main character Sakuta meeting various girls dealing with the unfortunately named 'Puberty Syndrome' (yeah, I know, but bear with me), something which most people write off as an urban legend, but since he had to deal with it being real in the past, he knows it to be true.

Puberty Syndrome is basically a becoming literal of various problems one deals with during puberty. A young teenage celebrity who is sick of everyone always recognizing her and calling her out has to deal with people being unable to see her, and eventually even forgetting she even existed. A girl getting bullied on social media ends up with scars and wounds every time people torment her. A girl who tried to reinvent herself so bad to fit in with the current trends and trying to fit in so badly that she can eventually predict what will happen around her ends up being able to rewind the future until she gets the exact result she was wishing for.

Rascal Does Not Dream Of Bunny-Girl Senpai does not, like I mentioned, have the best of plots. But the characters having to deal with real-life issues in a somewhat supernatural way makes for a great anime that I've rightfully seen mentioned *a lot* as one of the best of 2018. The anime I've seen it compared to most are Onegairu, Charlotte, Love, Chuunibyou, and Other Delusions (one of my all-time faves), and of course Haruhi Suzumiya. So if any of those shows struck your interest, I recommend you at least give Bunny-Girl Senpai a try.​

I see.. the title, haha.. it certainly draw attention

Well i never watch all the titles you mentioned, but i do like slice of life and supranatural, so i must say it's a good mix

Sounds like an interesting anime and not too draining attention, concentration and emotion

It's nice but at times is a bit too sappy. The only truly idiotic part is whenever they try to explain stuff with quantum physics, that was just pure cringe. Also is a bit derivative of other high school light novel anime like Oregairu and Haruhi. But yeah decent anime.

MadaraUchiha said:
It's nice but at times is a bit too sappy. The only truly idiotic part is whenever they try to explain stuff with quantum physics, that was just pure cringe. Also is a bit derivative of other high school light novel anime like Oregairu and Haruhi. But yeah decent anime.

I've heard those explanations being listed so many times as one of the worst things of the show, and I'm really feeling like one of the only people who actually really didn't mind them. XD

HannahCN said:
I've heard those explanations being listed so many times as one of the worst things of the show, and I'm really feeling like one of the only people who actually really didn't mind them. XD

i didn't think it's a good anime until i read your review.
i thought it would be a boring romantic comedy story but this is very interesting. i will watch this anime and great review hannah

Blackangel said:
i thought it would be a boring romantic comedy story but this is very interesting. i will watch this anime and great review hannah

She got me right there, i was actually thinking about bunny girl haha..

Demon_skeith said:
even if it is just one scene, they are making a very silly name out of it.
they might be thinking of trying something new but it's pulling away from the targeted audience.
they should have realized it

Blackangel said:

Did you ever get to watching it, Angel?

Back