Pirates of the Caribbean 5 Movie Review

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (or Salazar's Revenge) Movie Review:

Plot:
The adventure finds down-on-his-luck Captain Jack feeling the winds of ill-fortune when deadly ghost sailors, led by Captain Salazar, escape from the Devil's Triangle bent on killing every pirate at sea-notably Jack. Jack's only hope of survival lies in the legendary Trident of Poseidon, but to find it, he must forge an uneasy alliance with Carina Smith, a brilliant astronomer, and Henry, a young sailor in the Royal Navy. At the helm of a small ship, Captain Jack seeks to save his life from his foe, and reverse his recent spate of ill fortune

Prelude:
I love the first three Pirates of the Caribbean movies. The first movie is probably the best pirates movie we are ever gonna get, and, I really like the second one, and while the third act of the third movie is a bit bloated, I still like it. But, in my opinion, the fourth one sucks, and I didn't really like any of the trailer Disney put out for this one, so I went with low expectations for this movie. I saw this movie on 27/05/2017.

Pro's:
Acting: All the actors are at the top of their game in this movie. Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush are very good in their roles, and Javier Bardem is menacing as the villain. The two new additions to the franchise, Brenton Thwaites and Kaya Scodelario are excellent. All the actors reprising their roles are very good.
Visual Effects: Very good. The trailers seemed CG heavy, but, I didn't notice it in the movie.
Third Act: This is the strongest aspect of the movie. The last portion of the movie is really good, and entertaining, and leaves you on a high note.
The action sequences are good.

Con'sVerdict:
Overall, this is an okay movie. You'll be entertained for two hours if you want to watch it, but, don't expect anything special like the first one in the series. Score: 6.5/10

Just 6.5. I think I would pass c watching it. I WOULD rather watch a movie with at least 8 rating

Nel said:
Just 6.5. I think I would pass c watching it. I WOULD rather watch a movie with at least 8 rating
I don't easily give a movie a rating of 8 or 8+, but, yes, you can certainly skip watching this movie.

MadaraUchiha said:
I don't easily give a movie a rating of 8 or 8+, but, yes, you can certainly skip watching this movie.

Giving a movie 9 or 10 is hard. Why won't you give even a 8

Nel said:
Giving a movie 9 or 10 is hard. Why won't you give even a 8
I do give movies a score of 8. I gave La La Land and Logan an 8. I watched a movie called Hacksaw Ridge in December and I'd give it an 8.5. 9 and 9+ is for masterpieces. I don't give 10 for any.

MadaraUchiha said:
I do give movies a score of 8. I gave La La Land and Logan an 8. I watched a movie called Hacksaw Ridge in December and I'd give it an 8.5. 9 and 9+ is for masterpieces. I don't give 10 for any.

You would never give a 10 to any movie? That's unsettling

MadaraUchiha said:
No movie is perfect. I'd give it like 9.8 or 9.7, but, not 10.

I never thought you to be a kiss swoop hates perfectionism . It's not a bad trait per se but it would give you a boring b life

Nel said:
I never thought you to be a kiss swoop hates perfectionism . It's not a bad trait per se but it would give you a boring b life
Not giving a movie 10 is not a bad thing, in my opinion. Maybe, a perfect movie that deserves a 10/10 is yet to be made. But, for now, I haven't seen a movie without a single flaw.

MadaraUchiha said:
Not giving a movie 10 is not a bad thing, in my opinion. Maybe, a perfect movie that deserves a 10/10 is yet to be made. But, for now, I haven't seen a movie without a single flaw.

Have you tried the eye or sixth sense?

Nel said:
Have you tried the eye or sixth sense?
I've watched The Sixth Sense, and I consider it to be a masterpiece in the horror genre, and it is certainly M Night Shyamalan's best film(along with Unbreakable), but, I'd give it somewhere between 8.5 or 9.

MadaraUchiha said:
I've watched The Sixth Sense, and I consider it to be a masterpiece in the horror genre, and it is certainly M Night Shyamalan's best film(along with Unbreakable), but, I'd give it somewhere between 8.5 or 9.

Claraviolet said:
Seriously? I thought there were only 4 movies for this series ._.

Well, turns out it's not. And, there's probably another one coming. You like the first four movies?

Back