OpenRGB

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Here's a useful little utility I've been making good use of lately that not many people know about: OpenRGB

On Linux, I use this because it's one of the only solutions to control RGB lights on your computer. The developers of the various protocols (ASUS for Aura, MSI for Mystic Light, etc) haven't released their software to Linux, so this is kind of your only choice.

However, the reason I share it here is because it actually has a Windows version available as well. While the official softwares will offer much better control (OpenRGB is still quite new), if you have simple needs such as selecting solid colors or you want to disable your LEDs entirely, then this is a super useful program as it aims to be a generic tool that supports all the protocols - the end result, you'll be able to replace 3 or 4 various pieces of software with just this one tool. Having to run multiple different software has been a major complaint since RGB components have become popular, so it's nice to finally have a solution for that in the works.

Blackangel said:
i don't get it lol
and you can say i am a bit on the dull side but it's only for colors?

Lmao no worries Angel, the tool just allows you to change light colors on RGB compatible hardware (think gamer mice or Alienware computers).
The reason I share it here is because each company that makes the hardware has their own software they want you to use, so you can end up having 3 or 4 running at the same time which slows down your PC. This tool I've linked is useful because you can instead just run this 1 tool, instead of 3 or 4 at once.

Back