Oldest manga you have read

Elvis

V.I.P. Member
Recommend me some really old manga from, like, 10 or 20 years ago. Which is the oldest manga you have read?

I never see when the manga was published but I know One Piece started in 1997 which is pretty old...

Mansi14 said:
I never see when the manga was published but I know One Piece started in 1997 which is pretty old...

isn't naruto the oldest manga?
i thought you were reading naruto too mansi.

For me the oldest manga I read was Ranma 1/2.

there were plenty of shoujo and Shonen nice manga around the nineties. I missed many of them because back then even scanlations online were hard to come by and manga in Mexico was something limited as it was a starting market.

From what I remember being recommended:

Cinderella boy
Dr. Slump
You're under arrest
Orphen
Video Girl Ai
D.N.A.
Ghost in the Shell
Lupin the third
Detective Conan
Fruits Basket
Azumanga Daioh
Parasyte

Some of these are better known by their anime counterparts nowadays.
Probably I should get onto reading these ones.

One Piece and Naruto..... Dropped One Piece after reading a few chapters a year ago, and well, started reading Naruto around chapter 530, and kept reading it till it got over.....

MadaraUchiha said:

One Piece and Naruto..... Dropped One Piece after reading a few chapters a year ago, and well, started reading Naruto around chapter 530, and kept reading it till it got over.....

That's not good senpai. One piece is better than naruto. Why did you drop one piece? Because of the art?

ItachiSasuke said:
That's not good senpai. One piece is better than naruto. Why did you drop one piece? Because of the art?

I just haven't had the time, plus, the anime was really good, so, I figured, why not just watch it..... Plus, I prefer anime over manga.... And, as far as One Piece being better than Naruto, I'm not sure I agree with that, entirely....

MadaraUchiha said:
I just haven't had the time, plus, the anime was really good, so, I figured, why not just watch it..... Plus, I prefer anime over manga.... And, as far as One Piece being better than Naruto, I'm not sure I agree with that, entirely....

I'm talking about quality and not popularity...... And, even though One Piece is the best-selling manga in history, it'ss not as popular as Naruto outside Japan......

MadaraUchiha said:
I'm talking about quality and not popularity...... And, even though One Piece is the best-selling manga in history, it'ss not as popular as Naruto outside Japan......

Not many anime fans are found outside of Japan. So the popularity in Japan is what matters the most. Personally, what do you think is the best?

Nel said:
Not many anime fans are found outside of Japan. So the popularity in Japan is what matters the most. Personally, what do you think is the best?

Not true, there are thousands of anime fans outside Japan, and honestly, I haven't met a single 'Japanese' anime fan.....

MadaraUchiha said:
Not true, there are thousands of anime fans outside Japan, and honestly, I haven't met a single 'Japanese' anime fan.....

Anime websites are restricted in Japan. You do know that right? It is not possible for them to access things

Websites, not forums..... That's like saying DC or Marvel isn't famous in India, just because they are famous in the west.... I agree, anime may not be as popular as them, but, DBZ and Pokemon, and I'd say even Death Note, Naruto and Bleach are somewhat popular here....

MadaraUchiha said:
Websites, not forums..... That's like saying DC or Marvel isn't famous in India, just because they are famous in the west.... I agree, anime may not be as popular as them, but, DBZ and Pokemon, and I'd say even Death Note, Naruto and Bleach are somewhat popular here....

How would one know that it's a forum but not a streaming website? Then what is the most popular manga and anime according to you?

Nel said:
How would one know that it's a forum but not a streaming website? Then what is the most popular manga and anime according to you?

Well, if popularity merely means knowing that such a thing exists, I would say Pokemon.... And, I don't think all streaming websites are banned, I think Netflix, crunchyroll work there..... And, a website is a streaming website if its primary function is for people to watch anime, I guess....

Back