Next big shounen series

Sindar

You know, after Bleach and Fairy Tail ended, and HxH became so popular I thought it is going to be the next shounen series everyone watches. Now HxH seems to come to an end, same with Naruto, but FT on the other hand revived o_O They even air some new DBZ series right now :O So here what I wanna to ask you - what shonen series do you think is going to be the next big thing? =) And are you going to watch any of that?

Fairy Tail is pretty popular, but I don't think it ever reached One Piece/Naruto Shippuden levels of popularity. We will need something else to compete with the aforementioned series soon though - what with Naruto Shippuden ending soon, and Bleach all ready gone.

I would even venture to say that Attack on Titan is shounen, and that is definitely getting a lot of attention.

RedDawn said:
Fairy Tail is pretty popular, but I don't think it ever reached One Piece/Naruto Shippuden levels of popularity. We will need something else to compete with the aforementioned series soon though - what with Naruto Shippuden ending soon, and Bleach all ready gone.

I agree, I don't think FT is going to blow up even if all the other shonen end. Soul Eater had potential to become a never ending series, and it was popular enough I think, but they decided not to go there.

MelloLily said:
I would even venture to say that Attack on Titan is shounen, and that is definitely getting a lot of attention.

Yeah, that is true. It is not a weekly anime though, so it isn't really fair to compare it with on-goings. I mean, technically AoT is already over just like, say, Bleach =)

Sindar said:
RedDawn said:

I agree, I don't think FT is going to blow up even if all the other shonen end. Soul Eater had potential to become a never ending series, and it was popular enough I think, but they decided not to go there.

MelloLily said:

Yeah, that is true. It is not a weekly anime though, so it isn't really fair to compare it with on-goings. I mean, technically AoT is already over just like, say, Bleach =)

Though there are rumors (only rumors) that they plan on continuing it in 2016
Either way, it is still continuing in manga, so that counts. :p

@[MelloLily] Unfortunately, someone here said that the number volumes would be less than 23...............

MelloLily said:
Though there are rumors (only rumors) that they plan on continuing it in 2016
Either way, it is still continuing in manga, so that counts. :p

AoT will have a sequel for sure, I don't think anyone doubts that =) That is why I say it "technically" ended :p

MadaraUchiha said:
@[Sindar] It should.............It is an extremely popular manga, right now..............

Yeah I know. And the first season of the anime felt like a build up more than a stand alone story, fans were expecting the continuation before the show even ended.

Back