Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid Anime Review

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
Anime Review: Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (2017)

Number of episodes: 13 + 1 OVA + 7 Specials

Plot:
Miss Kobayashi is your average office worker who lives a boring life, alone in her small apartment- until she saves the life of a female dragon in distress. The dragon named Tohru, has the ability to magically transform into a human girl(with horns and a long tail), who will do anything to pay off her debt of gratitude, whether Kobayashi likes it or not. The anime follows the daily life, Kobayashi, and her friends and maids.

Genre: Slice of Life, Comedy, Fantasy

Review:
The anime doesn't have an over-arching plot, but individual character arcs are sprinkled throughout. So, as the series progresses, you can see a visible growth in them. The art is nothing special, but it's very colourful, and the animation is really consistent throughout the series. The series is quite charming, and each character is very like-able, and they all don't come off as being similar, and each of them have their own personality. The opening and ending fit the theme of the series. The humour is not something that'll make you burst into laughter, but it'll make you chuckle throughout and keep you entertained. My main gripes with the series are that it has quite a bit of fan-service(nothing that'll throw you off, you won't even notice it half the time), though it's self-aware of that it has fan-service, and the ending was a little bit cheesy.

Score: 8/10.

I am going to watch this anime starting tomorrow. I got great expectation for this anime. Don't you like specials in general? Or are these specials boring?

KuranKaname said:
I am going to watch this anime starting tomorrow. I got great expectation for this anime. Don't you like specials in general? Or are these specials boring?

No, it's pretty pointless actually. And inferior in quality, in writing and animation, to the main series. The OVA is pretty good though, watch it.

MadaraUchiha said:
No, it's pretty pointless actually. And inferior in quality, in writing and animation, to the main series. The OVA is pretty good though, watch it.

I will watch ova. Depending on my end rating, I will watch specials.

I found this anime to be a lot more enjoyable and amusing than I thought it would, despite some rather young lovers going on.

I hope we get more on this series, I enjoyed the laughs I got from it.

Demon_skeith said:
I found this anime to be a lot more enjoyable and amusing than I thought it would, despite some rather young lovers going on.

I hope we get more on this series, I enjoyed the laughs I got from it.

It's rare for Kyoto Animation to animate something that's not published in-house. I tried reading the manga, and it looks like they really expanded on everything that happens(as always). I hope we get another season, too.

Back