Minato Vs Itachi

Minato Vs Itachi. Who Wins?

• Minato

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Itachi

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
Minato is not yet fully explored but Itachi is , given the info i think Itachi will win this one but you never know Minato. Do you really think he will easily fall for itachi's tricks ?

Nel said:
Can Itachi really beat madara?
Madara seemed almost invincible in that five kage fight.

Based on a comment Kishimoto made in an interview, yeah. {rpbably not beat Madara by himself, but Itachi's presence would definitely have made a huge impact. Itachi is one of the best sharingan users to have existed.

MelloLily said:
Based on a comment Kishimoto made in an interview, yeah. {rpbably not beat Madara by himself, but Itachi's presence would definitely have made a huge impact. Itachi is one of the best sharingan users to have existed.

But sasuke surpassed him doesn't he?
Now sasuke's shariingan is even more powerful than Itachi's but what about shisui?
Isn't he the best?

Nel said:
But sasuke surpassed him doesn't he?
Now sasuke's shariingan is even more powerful than Itachi's but what about shisui?
Isn't he the best?

These questions are opinion based. Sasuke beat Itachi, but Itachi was sick, plus Itachi wanted Sasuke to win. So no telling who was really stronger at that time. But ever since Sasuke got rennigan, I would say Sasuke would be stronger. As for Shisui, I think he is tied with Itachi but for different reasons.

MelloLily said:
These questions are opinion based. Sasuke beat Itachi, but Itachi was sick, plus Itachi wanted Sasuke to win. So no telling who was really stronger at that time. But ever since Sasuke got rennigan, I would say Sasuke would be stronger. As for Shisui, I think he is tied with Itachi but for different reasons.

I always shisui eyes were special and he must have been the strongest sharingan user ever existed.
Many people dislike itachi as they think he is overpowered.

R o r o n o a Z o r o said:
Minato's chances of winning this are high when compared to that of Itachi but Itachi has his chances via Genjutsu.In otherwords if Minato makes an eye contact then Itachi wins for sure if not Minato wins for sure.
Itachi has many other powers not just genjutsu. He can win for sure.
Ever heard about izanagi?
MelloLily said:
I'll have to go with Itachi on this. While I love both these characters and both are in my top three (other one being Kakashi), I would have to say Itachi for these reasons:

While Minato is an excellent hokage, Itachi advanced in ranks at younger ages than Minato did. That right there shows great potential. I'll also note that Kishimoto himself said in an interview that he could not have Itachi fight in the war against Madara, because Itachi would win. Therefore, he opted to get Itachi out of the way by taking care of the reanimation from Kabuto. Whereas Minato couldn't handle Madara, even with the help of all the other hokage. However, Kishimoto could have meant that Itachi is strong against other sharingan users, and perhaps would be a different case with people without sharingan.

If I were to look at a fight with Minato and Itachi alone, excluding the information above, and going on guess work, this is my unbias opinion on why Itachi would win:
Itachi can see through Minato's movements. Even though Minato is fast, Itachi's sharingan can see and calculate his movements the precise moment Minato does it. Minato's speed does have an advantage, yes. But Itachi's use of sharingan counter acts that. Excluding Minato's speed and Itachi's sharingan, I would say Itachi has the upper hand because of his agility and Uchiha body, which does not tire as easily as others. While both are considered a genius, I think Itachi's calm rational of situations might outweigh Minato's. Itachi also has susanoo and the sword of totsuka. That right there is a huge advantage, and while Minato is an expert at sealing, it does not compare to the sealing of the totsuka blade.

To sum it up, Minato's speed and Itachi's sharingan cancel each other out. So Itachi's natural agility and rational state would win the fight. Also the fact that Kishimoto himself basically said Itachi was too powerful to have in the war against Madara.

Maybe I am being a bit bias. Itachi ranks one higher on my list than Minato. But even if I ranked Minato higher, I think this would still be my answer. Like with Sakura vs Hinata, I said Sakura would win even though Hinata ranks on my favorites and Sakura does not. I try to look at these battles objectively, not subjectively.

What is the age of itachi when he died?
He never became a hokage like minato.

KuranKaname said:
Itachi has many other powers not just genjutsu. He can win for sure.
Ever heard about izanagi?

What is the age of itachi when he died?
He never became a hokage like minato.

Age has nothing to do with strength, and not like Itachi wanted to become hokage. Especially with Itachi's secret mission, he never could become hokage.

MelloLily said:
Age has nothing to do with strength, and not like Itachi wanted to become hokage. Especially with Itachi's secret mission, he never could become hokage.

Minato can summon beast and he got speed and he can use the sage mode.
Don't you think that's too much for itachi to handle it? :cheers:
Minao is the hokage and he is a prodigy just like itachi. You are underestimating him. He controlled the nine-tailed beast and he sealed that huge beast inside of naruto.

Minato is a legend on the Ninja World, known even very far away his little village. He's like a Dream Ninja. No one could beat him, but 9-tailed beast!

A very interesting battle. Both of them are good at everything and they are smart. I can't see either of them losing but Itachi might win at the end.

I didn't think I was on minato's side :cheers:

this is a very tough question.
both of them are intelligent, strong and died young. itachi died very young unlike minato and itachi had the potential to grow. but minato became the hokage. i can't choose

Back