Manga for children

Elvis

V.I.P. Member
Name some manga that is appropriate for children under 12 years old... What are some popular manga series catering to a very young audience?

All the shonen manga are appropriate for children.
Bleach, one piece, naruto :D

Two come in mind taht I think probably would be an OK for younger audieces:

Maybe Yotsubatto (Yotsuba&!). As fas as I know is non violent. it is a slice of life about a curious little kid.
It is simple but appreciated by many.

Chi’s Sweet Home.
This one follows a cat shenanigans as his owners try to hide him because they are not supposed to have him.
I haven't read it so I might be wrong.

alakazam said:
Don't you think that this is a little too scary for children?

It's just one death and it's supposed to make luffy stronger.
So, may be it is okay for children.

There is quite a lot of nudity in One Piece too... I don't know if some parents would want their children to watch Rebecca's, Nico Robin's and Nami's generous cleavages...

Go with most Slice of Life/Comedy/Adventure genres, those are great for kids :D
I guess the best would be One Punch Man and Hero no Boku Academia and Yotsubasa.

Shole said:
Go with most Slice of Life/Comedy/Adventure genres, those are great for kids :D
I guess the best would be One Punch Man and Hero no Boku Academia and Yotsubasa.

Omg, I love one punch man.

Elvis said:

It is a heart warming realization of luffy.
I don't think it's scary for children. If anything it's good for children.

Elvis said:

Younger audience these days are scary and mature.
they even prefer more gory content.
So, you don't have to worry about that. Is this for your little brother or for your little sister?

Robin said:
Younger audience these days are scary and mature.
they even prefer more gory content.
So, you don't have to worry about that. Is this for your little brother or for your little sister?

IS it really the correct answer?
That scene is touching and I don't see any scary part except for a man who lost his resolve to live and finally realized what he already has.

God said:
IS it really the correct answer?
That scene is touching and I don't see any scary part except for a man who lost his resolve to live and finally realized what he already has.

I don't get what you mean but younger audience can decide what they want these days.
Their generation is far more advanced to our generation

When I was more young my old brother told me to go to the store and buy a manga for him. it's name was "Boku no Piko". So I go there and ask for it and the girl from there asks me how old I am. I say "14, but this is for my brother and he is 16" LOL
She then says to me that I cannot buy it because it has "penis" and "naked boys" and it was not appropriate for a young girl like I was xD So, I tell it to my brother and he starts to lauhg and says sorry and tells me to go buy the name of "raping my friend's mom". So, I didn't knew english in that time so I think it was a normal name. I go there and ask for that manga and the girl gets angry and tells me if I am joking. I tell her that I am not and she asks if the manga is for my brother again. I was scared and wanted to give he the manga so I tell the girl that it was my father the person that told me to buy it. I tell she that I am serious and she calls the police to talk to my father. I tell her that it is not need because I have the money to buy it but she call they and they ask me where I lived and where was my father. They speak to him and my father kicking my brother hard because of what he did to me and he slaps me because I say it was his fault. I started to cry and my mother gets angry at my father and, trufh is, they separated 2 years after it. Now me and my brother are living with my mother and my father is alone. But now, me and my brother are adults and we can go buy the magazines we want LOL
So, if you are a children, don't read that mangas LOL

Children often like action.
So, I would recommend popular shonen manga like one piece, naruto.

No manga isn't classified for anyone.
It depends on the child's choice to whatever he.she likes.
Take their interests and then look for manga.

Anything that is slice of life should be good, like the High School Boys, or that small green haired girl the life of something I forgot it.

Back