Luffy vs. Big Mom, who will win?

eurus

[font=arial, sans-serif]Luffy[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Big Mom[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Big Mom's[/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif]So far many have speculated that the Strawhats will fight Big Mom's crew and Luffy will end up fighting with Big Mom and become a Yonko. I don't think he would stand a chance, as if Luffy easily ends the fight like that. In my opinion, Big Mom will find out the alliances between Luffy and Bege, and their plan will not be successful.[/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif]So, what do you guys think?[/font]

Luffy will win at the end. He is the main protagonist so he must win

Well, Oda said that almost 70% of his story is complete. Which means that the remaining forces of opposition for Luffy are Big Mom, Kaidou and Black-beard, namely the three Yonkos, the World Government, and him actually going to Raftel. So, I guess the next big event would probably be him defeating Big Mom.

As it is expected and largely necessary, Luffy must defeat Big Mom but I am positive that there will be some twist in the storyline to trouble our wits. I can't really predict what but it could be loss of some important person...?

MadaraUchiha said:
Well, Oda said that almost 70% of his story is complete. Which means that the remaining forces of opposition for Luffy are Big Mom, Kaidou and Black-beard, namely the three Yonkos, he can come the World Government, and him actually going to Raftel. So, I guess the next big event would probably be him defeating Big Mom.
He can come up with something just like that and one piece is not going to end anytime soon. He had to defeat yonkos, black beard, world government, and become a pirate King St the end. So it's highly unlikely that he can win big mom said battle just yet

Mansi14 said:
As it is expected and largely necessary, Luffy must defeat Big Mom but I am positive that there will be some twist in the storyline to trouble our wits. I can't really predict what but it could be loss of some important person...?
May be Sanji a death? If he can defeat big mom them there wouldn't be any good story left.

Nel said:
He can come up with something just like that and one piece is not going to end anytime soon. He had to defeat yonkos, black beard, world government, and become a pirate King St the end. So it's highly unlikely that he can win big mom said battle just yet

May be Sanji a death? If he can defeat big mom them there wouldn't be any good story left.

I am pretty sure that none of the straw hats will die before reaching Raftel.
I think Vivi will make appearance soon...

Mansi14 said:
I am pretty sure that none of the straw hats will die before reaching Raftel.
I think Vivi will make appearance soon...
Agreed. I think she will become the tenth member of the straw hats. Do you believe that too?

No. But I don't mind spoilers
So you can add spoiler tag and tell me what you know

Nel said:

One Piece has 862 chapters currently, and Dressrosa arc took 102 chapters to complete, which is almost 12% of the entire thing. This means that Whole Cake Island arc, the current arc(in which Luffy & co have to defeat Big Mom) will probably have as many chapters. So, yeah, I think that either in this arc or in the next couple of arcs, he'll defeat Big Mom. Plus, up to this point he has mostly been defeating Shichibukais, and this is post-time skip, and he has to go to the next level, which is defeating an Admiral or a Yonkou.

Nel said:
No. But I don't mind spoilers
So you can add spoiler tag and tell me what you know
one-piece-9116137.jpg

MadaraUchiha said:
One Piece has 862 chapters currently, and Dressrosa arc took 102 chapters to complete, which is almost 12% of the entire thing. This means that Whole Cake Island arc, the current arc(in which Luffy & co have to defeat Big Mom) will probably have as many chapters. So, yeah, I think that either in this arc or in the next couple of arcs, he'll defeat Big Mom. Plus, up to this point he has mostly been defeating Shichibukais, and this is post-time skip, and he has to go to the next level, which is defeating an Admiral or a Yonkou.
How can Luffy become a yonko this early in the game? He will have to defeat small fries first.

Nel said:
How can Luffy become a yonko this early in the game? He will have to defeat small fries first.

It's not early. After Yonkou's, the most powerful people are the World Government and the Shichibukai, and he has already defeated almost every single Shichibukai he ever encountered. Plus, I'm not saying that he's gonna defeat Big Mom just like that. First the whole Sanji wedding affair has to be over, then the Straw Hats have to go step by step, defeating each of their soldiers, captains, generals, etc., and then finally defeat Big Mom. It would take 100-150 chapters. One Piece has going on since 1997, and you are not able to accept the fact that he's gonna fight Big Mom maybe because you are in denial that soon, One Piece is gonna end.
Plus, I concur with Mansi's answer.

Small fries like admirals. Luffy can defect akaino first for killing Ace. Stuff like that needs to be addressed first.

Mansi14 said:
What if he does in that war? Can you really believe that there won't be any causalities after the war with big mom?

MadaraUchiha said:
It's not early. After Yonkou's, the most powerful people are the World Government and the Shichibukai, and he has already defeated almost every single Shichibukai he ever encountered. Plus, I'm not saying that he's gonna defeat Big Mom just like that. First the whole Sanji wedding affair has to be over, then the Straw Hats have to go step by step, defeating each of their soldiers, captains, generals, etc., and then finally defeat Big Mom. It would take 100-150 chapters. One Piece has going on since 1997, and you are not able to accept the fact that he's gonna fight Big Mom maybe because you are in denial that soon, One Piece is gonna end.
Plus, I concur with Mansi's answer.

It's hard to see something good to end when it has so many possibilities to continue with the story.

Nel said:
Small fries like admirals. Luffy can defect akaino first for killing Ace. Stuff like that needs to be addressed first.

What if he does in that war? Can you really believe that there won't be any causalities after the war with big mom?

It's hard to see something good to end when it has so many possibilities to continue with the story.

Nel said:

I see.

I would like big mom to win this but it would ruin the plot. It would be refreshing to watch protagonists lose a battle.

Aoba said:
I would like big mom to win this but it would ruin the plot. It would be refreshing to watch protagonists lose a battle.

Then you should probably watch hxh. It's really something and good the refreshing feel that you want

Back