Luffy in one piece character discussion

S

Sebastian

luffy is the main character of one piece.
he is stupid, powerful, funny, passionate, dream chasing man. he is a pirate and he is the grand son of marines who are trying to take down luffy as he is a pirate. he is the captain of the straw hat pirates. he likes his people a lot and gives everything for them.
what do you peeps think?

As opposite to you, I don't thing his that stupid. I thing he plays stupid that's all. But yes, he is the maine char of the series and I love you too, he is the typical shonen heroin that starts week and follows his dreams until he gets strong <<<3

Luffy is shit the real hero is Zoro he has always need to do the rough stuff while everyone else is laying around sleeping. also zoro's gomu gomu df power is so cool. while Luffy with his stupid swords does nothing more than drinking and sleeping. waste space if you ask me.

FruitsPunchSamurai said:
As opposite to you, I don't thing his that stupid. I thing he plays stupid that's all. But yes, he is the maine char of the series and I love you too, he is the typical shonen heroin that starts week and follows his dreams until he gets strong <<<3
He isn't a very bright one. Stupid isn't the correct word. More like he is a simpleton.
Have you been watching one piece recently?

Jolly Roger said:
Luffy is shit the real hero is Zoro he has always need to do the rough stuff while everyone else is laying around sleeping. also zoro's gomu gomu df power is so cool. while Luffy with his stupid swords does nothing more than drinking and sleeping. waste space if you ask me.

I am thinking that you are confusing luffy and zoro.
luffy is the captain and zoro is the one with swords. Luffy's power is good but zoro is the one who saves luffy when he was about to drown(it happened too many times to count)

Elvis said:
Are you sure he is actually stupid and not just pretending to be?

pretending and acting are different man. naruto's actions are pretending actions and luffy's actions are normal actions. genuine actions.

Luffy is stupid, but, not irritating, the one characteristic that makes him far more likeable than Naruto..... And, he is extremely funny, and badass...... He's probably my favourite Shounen main character.....

MadaraUchiha said:
Luffy is stupid, but, not irritating, the one characteristic that makes him far more likeable than Naruto..... And, he is extremely funny, and badass...... He's probably my favourite Shounen main character.....

I would prefer if he give the credit of defeating the strongest villain to one of crew mates once in a while. Always taking the spotlight like naruto doesn't sit well with me.

Testaccount said:
I would prefer if he give the credit of defeating the strongest villain to one of crew mates once in a while. Always taking the spotlight like naruto doesn't sit well with me.
That, I agree with you....

Why do you think they choose to make the main character stupid is several anime series (One Piece, Dragon Ball Z etc.)?

Elvis said:
Why do you think they choose to make the main character stupid is several anime series (One Piece, Dragon Ball Z etc.)?

Because being stupid has it's own charm. Power hungry and serious protagonists don't get lots of fans in the anime community.

he is a strong character but he is stupid like all the main characters in popular anime. i was thinking he could at least be lovable and good but he is like naruto in everything.

Back