Kong: Skull Island Review

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
Kong: Skull Island(2017) Movie Review:

Plot:
When a scientific expedition to an uncharted island awakens titanic forces of nature, a mission of discovery becomes an explosive war between man and monster.

I was pretty excited for this movie. The trailers were pretty good, and I like monster movies, and after they announced that this movie was connected to Godzilla(2014), and that after Godzilla: King of Monsters(2019), there was gonna be Godzilla vs. Kong(2020), I decided I just couldn't miss it. I saw this movie on 12th of March.

Pro's:
Whenever Kong is there on screen, it's just non-stop entertainment.
The battle sequences: The battle sequences with Kong fighting other monsters are entertaining.
There are some interesting visuals.
The acting is passable.
The CGI is mostly fine.

Con's:
The characters are bland as shit. I mean, except Samuel L Jackson's and John C Reily's characters, everyone is just there to be killed and played around with by Kong or other monsters.
The humour falls flat almost everytime.
There's a ton of exposition.

OverallScore: 7/10.

You have been watching lots of movies lately. don't you madarauchiha?
People around me gave this movie a 10 as it's freaking awesome. What did you dislike so much about it, you couldn't even give it a 8?

Nel said:
You have been watching lots of movies lately. don't you madarauchiha?
People around me gave this movie a 10 as it's freaking awesome. What did you dislike so much about it, you couldn't even give it a 8?

If the jokes are not great then it means that the actors were not great

Nel said:
If the jokes are not great then it means that the actors were not great
If the jokes are not great, then the script and the writing sucked, not the actors because they are not the ones who are delivering them. These actors are academy award winners/nominees.

MadaraUchiha said:
If the jokes are not great, then the script and the writing sucked, not the actors because they are not the ones who are delivering them. These actors are academy award winners/nominees.

You know that not most of the actors who hot them..deserve them. I don't like fangirl/ fanboy things especially for actors

Nel said:
You know that not most of the actors who hot them..deserve them. I don't like fangirl/ fanboy things especially for actors
Can you state this again? I don't follow you, especially this part "You know that not most of the actors who hot them..deserve them"

I am not a fanboy of anyone. I just think that these are genuinely talented actors, and on strong grounds, because I have seen many movies with these actors.

MadaraUchiha said:
Can you state this again? I don't follow you, especially this part "You know that not most of the actors who hot them..deserve them"

I am not a fanboy of anyone. I just think that these are genuinely talented actors, and on strong grounds, because I have seen many movies with these actors.

I judge whether someone deserves it or not after watching the movie. I think that the Oscars are mostly given to those who deserve, and not those who are famous or celebrities, in fact it's the opposite of it. The Best Picture Oscar was given to a film called Moonlight, and I'm sure most people have never heard of it.
I'm not planning to become an actor. Science is my thing.

MadaraUchiha said:
I judge whether someone deserves it or not after watching the movie. I think that the Oscars are mostly given to those who deserve, and not those who are famous or celebrities, in fact it's the opposite of it. The Best Picture Oscar was given to a film called Moonlight, and I'm sure most people have never heard of it.
I'm not planning to become an actor. Science is my thing.

Maybe, I don't know. Not all actors sell themselves, and in this day and age, things like these come out very quickly.

I don't. Think I have read it fully before
Looks rather like aot.. Guess I will give it a try

Nel said:
I don't. Think I have read it fully before
Looks rather like aot.. Guess I will give it a try

No, not really. AoT is about the humans. Kong takes the centre-stage in this movie.

MadaraUchiha said:
No, not really. AoT is about the humans. Kong takes the centre-stage in this movie.

Okay. Will i feel sorry for this Kong? If not then it's the same

Nel said:
Okay. Will i feel sorry for this Kong? If not then it's the same

Why do you need to feel sorry for him? He is the King of the island. But, yeah, Kong is the hero here, not the villain.

MadaraUchiha said:
Why do you need to feel sorry for him? He is the King of the island. But, yeah, Kong is the hero here, not the villain.

MadaraUchiha said:
No, we feel sorry for Eren, not the titan.
And, why do you not like Kong?

It's just my opinion but there are decent gorillas, monkeys in real life. So, kong is what we call close to reality thing. But, I don't like it as I trust humans first and foremost.

Nel said:
It's just my opinion but there are decent gorillas, monkeys in real life. So, kong is what we call close to reality thing. But, I don't like it as I trust humans first and foremost.
I see. There are good humans in this too. But, Kong is the titular character.

Back