July Anime: Serial Experiments Lain Episodes 2-3 Discussion

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
We are led to believe that there are two Lains, as discussed by Lain's classmates(they see someone like Lain in the club Cyberia). They are doubtful about it so they take Lain to check whether she evokes a reaction of familiarity, and she doesn't. But, when the shooter aims at her and when she starts hearing whispers, her usual timid personality does a 180 and she directly confronts him and he shoots himself. And the distance between Lain and her family grows more and more, as the Police aren't able to contact them, and in the morning she isn't able to talk to her mother about the incident. And there are a lot of visual cues that suggest that perhaps Lain is able to go to place through the 'Wired', and because of that she's hearing voices and sometimes, hallucinates. Plus, she also obtains the Psyche, which doesn't seem to be a drug, but is maybe a way to access the Wired. Also, the agents following her in those black suits confirms that she is no ordinary person.
But I guess these two episodes really reminded me of the 90's, when people thought wild things about the internet. And while it's not as outlandinsh or crazy as some Hollywood movies, and is sometimes pretty accurate of the future, other times it's pretty paranoid.

If I remember right, this is where she starts to part herself from reality and go into the wire, creating a whole mess of very weird stuff to happen.

Demon_skeith said:
If I remember right, this is where she starts to part herself from reality and go into the wire, creating a whole mess of very weird stuff to happen.

Weird things start to happen yes, but nothing messy so far.

[quote="MadaraUchiha" pid='102644' dateline='1533577518']

I watched 5 episodes and I'll watch the rest over the next 8-10 days. I really like atmospheric Sci-Fi with abstract visuals and this is turning out to be very, very good.
[/quote]

i plan to watch it at some point. will you give a rating for it so far? it's a small anime

SecretWish said:
i plan to watch it at some point. will you give a rating for it so far? it's a small anime

I'll give it above 8 for sure but I can't say anything more than that having watched only 5 episodes, especially because it's a mystery.

MadaraUchiha said:
I'll give it above 8 for sure but I can't say anything more than that having watched only 5 episodes, especially because it's a mystery.

that's a good rating coming from you. i will certainly watch it. will you be announcing the august anime soon? if it's going to take time, i will pick this

SecretWish said:
that's a good rating coming from you. i will certainly watch it. will you be announcing the august anime soon? if it's going to take time, i will pick this
I'll announce it in a couple of hours.

Back