Iphone-12 does not come with power charger or earbuds.

Burnsy

V.I.P. Member
https://9to5mac.com/2020/10/13/iphone-12-does-not-come-with-power-charger-or-earbuds-in-the-box/

I don't really follow apple products at all but this is something funny and while I thought it was apple trying their money squeezing tactics like with their 1000 dollar monitor stand but it has some semi legitimate reasons for doing it in the article.

I have never heard of such a thing before.
It's true people are opting for wireless devices now but still, this is unexpected.

I think they're just making it better for the environment. Making the boxes smaller. To be honest, good chargers are only cheap so it isn't too bad to buy one

gemxtria said:
I think they're just making it better for the environment. Making the boxes smaller. To be honest, good chargers are only cheap so it isn't too bad to buy one

probably yes lol
but wouldn't you want an entire set to go with it, when you purchase something?

Blackangel said:
probably yes lol
but wouldn't you want an entire set to go with it, when you purchase something?
yeah it'd be a lot easier to get the whole set and it's annoying they aren't doing it but i love apple and just got a new charger recently haha

They claim that this is for environment but if you look at their cable it's lightning to Type C, not Type C to Type A. Very few people have that brick so the majority of people anyway have to buy a charger.
This is pure marketing BS.

MadaraUchiha said:
They claim that this is for environment but if you look at their cable it's lightning to Type C, not Type C to Type A. Very few people have that brick so the majority of people anyway have to buy a charger.
Not great marketing. Everyone is against it haha. It's another way of android users stating they're better

gemxtria said:
yeah it'd be a lot easier to get the whole set and it's annoying they aren't doing it but i love apple and just got a new charger recently haha

oh lol
then it's good for you. i buy used products a lot and these chargers don't last a long time with me

[quote="Burnsy" pid='221907' dateline='1602668978']
https://9to5mac.com/2020/10/13/iphone-12-does-not-come-with-power-charger-or-earbuds-in-the-box/

I don't really follow apple products at all but this is something funny and while I thought it was apple trying their money squeezing tactics like with their 1000 dollar monitor stand but it has some semi legitimate reasons for doing it in the article.
[/quote]

Not completely defending the monitor stand price, as $1000 is really silly, but there is a bit more to it than “just a stand”, though I’d also price it at like $200 max.

Part of the reason is because the vast majority of people buying the monitor use VESA mounts, so it’s normal for companies to jack up the prices for products that a significantly smaller portion of people are buying.

Also I see this a lot at work, but a lot of professional level products tend to have ridiculous prices, as most of the people buying these products buy them for business use, not for watching cat videos. The difference is that Dell has their $2000 SSD’s hidden off on a different portion of their site, while Apple has the link of their front page.

MadaraUchiha said:

Will the old Iphone charges work for this?

An SSD is a choice though. A stand is almost a necessity. If they wanted to price their monitor at around 6000 they should have done it instead of the gimmick with a 5k monitor and a 1k stand.

[quote="Burnsy" pid='221993' dateline='1602672956']

200 dollar is still many times a usual mount's price for no reason other than made by apple.
[/quote]

A usual mount is also just plastic. Tbh you’re also talking to someone who’s used to seeing $100-150 stands at work, so $200 isn’t exactly exorbitant or “you’re paying for the Apple logo”.

[quote="Grungie" pid='221997' dateline='1602673299']

A usual mount is also just plastic. Tbh you’re also talking to someone who’s used to seeing $100-150 stands at work, so $200 isn’t exactly exorbitant or “you’re paying for the Apple logo”.
[/quote]

where do you work grungie?
don't answer me if you don't want to. i am just curious lol

[quote="Blackangel" pid='222005' dateline='1602674029']

where do you work grungie?
don't answer me if you don't want to. i am just curious lol
[/quote]

I’m a network admin, so I do stuff like manage servers, storage configurations, and vulnerability management So in my line of work, what Apple is doing isn’t unique, it’s more of marketing or news sites picking up on stuff. So the average person is completely clueless on stuff like Dell is charging for in professional markets, but random tech sites will report on what Apple does. Dell and HP will have that stuff walled off on the business link or business site, whereas Apple has the product link on their home page.

[quote="Grungie" pid='222017' dateline='1602674911']

I’m a network admin, so I do stuff like manage servers, storage configurations, and vulnerability management So in my line of work, what Apple is doing isn’t unique, it’s more of marketing or news sites picking up on stuff. So the average person is completely clueless on stuff like Dell is charging for in professional markets, but random tech sites will report on what Apple does. Dell and HP will have that stuff walled off on the business link or business site, whereas Apple has the product link on their home page.
[/quote]

oh i didn't know all this.
if apple didn't show that in their home page, then no one might have paid attention to it this way?

Back