How many of you know that more than one voice actor is involved for one anime character?

Star_Of_Hope

Akatsuki
Staff member
I recently got to know of it and it's quite shocking.
I was under the impression that most of the anime characters have just one voice actor. I am aware of the fact that voice actors can play multiple anime characters but never thought of the other way around.

I usually only see that if the character in question is shown at different ages. Usually the kid is voiced by someone different than the adult version.

I usually only see that if the character in question is shown at different ages. Usually the kid is voiced by someone different than the adult version.
I see.
Well, I have been rewatching bleach and noticed that her character had been covered by more than one voice actor in German, Italian and Portuguese

I see.
Well, I have been rewatching bleach and noticed that her character had been covered by more than one voice actor in German, Italian and Portuguese
Idk what character you’re talking about, but are you saying there’s multiple actors in each language, or that there’s an actor for each language?

If it’s the latter, idk what you expected.

Idk what character you’re talking about, but are you saying there’s multiple actors in each language, or that there’s an actor for each language?

If it’s the latter, idk what you expected.
Take a look at the voice actor list for the mentioned languages.

Take a look at the voice actor list for the mentioned languages.
It’s uncommon, but not that uncommon.

There’s various reasons why actors get swapped out, especially in long running shows.

Even in Japan they can get swapped out.

Back