Horror Anime

Canadian

Is there such thing as horror anime? If so are you a fan of it?  What is your favorite part about it? Do you think it needs to be worked on to get more scarier?

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is my favorite one so far. It is not too scary, but it has moments. The story is interesting and not predictable, I guess I like that. It lulls you into a sense of security and then crashes on you with a sudden change of pace, that is what I also liked from the first part of the story.

I don't think I've seen a 'horror' anime. The ones that are generally classified under horror fit better into psychological or thriller or supernatural. The only one I can think of that's actually 'horror' is Another. It's a very good anime.
Higurashi certainly has some scary moments, but, it's mostly a psychological anime. It's very, very good, and is a testament of pacing and story-telling.

there are plenty of horror anime and all you need is a google search. try to search for it or just see the mal with the horror tag. you will see many anime that you need for another 10 years.

Another, psycho pass, Boku dake ga inai michi, uragiri wa boku no namae shitteru, tokyo ghoul, shiki, and many more.

Back