Help me figure this out please

How old are they? If they are really young then get a switch lite, mario kart and super smash brothers

How old are they? If they are really young then get a switch lite, mario kart and super smash brothers
6 and 8. So that would be Nintendo right ? I mentioned that I was thinking about Nintendo and my brother lost it. I don't want something that would give them to much freedom but at the same time something that would allow them to have games from online. The biggest has had his eyes on fish feed and grow for a while so it would be nice if the system could access it

If you want them to be glued to their games, then get a Nintendo Switch. Otherwise just get a PS4 for the age they're at. Can probably get them cheaper now that the PS5 is out.

6 and 8. So that would be Nintendo right ? I mentioned that I was thinking about Nintendo and my brother lost it. I don't want something that would give them to much freedom but at the same time something that would allow them to have games from online. The biggest has had his eyes on fish feed and grow for a while so it would be nice if the system could access it
PS4 would be fine if they were older. I think Switch Lite is the best choice. Why did your brother lose it?

The advantage with PS4 is that almost all games pre-2021 are available for cheap prices, both physical and digital and there's way way more options on the console when it comes to games.

But Nintendo is kid friendly and Switch Lite is $200 and hence the cheapest console on the market. And online is only $20 a year.

I remember playing the same game for hours and it was really hard to pause the game in the middle.
So, I believe it's easy to get addicted to games these days
Sounds like you just need self control. It’s not the game’s fault a child has no self control, it’s the fault of the parents.

PS4 would be fine if they were older. I think Switch Lite is the best choice. Why did your brother lose it?

The advantage with PS4 is that almost all games pre-2021 are available for cheap prices, both physical and digital and there's way way more options on the console when it comes to games.

But Nintendo is kid friendly and Switch Lite is $200 and hence the cheapest console on the market. And online is only $20 a year.
Ohhh i see. I thought a Nintendo wii might be nice since it has all the attachments for sports and stuff. Not sure though if I'd be able to get the fishing game he likes for it

My brother said that ps5 and xbox were trending. Tbh I'm not looking for trend. Just something for fun and able to accessthe games he prefers

I remember playing the same game for hours and it was really hard to pause the game in the middle.
So, I believe it's easy to get addicted to games these days
I feel you. When I'm doing stuff I don't want to leave it either but as I said I'm not just gonna give it to them and leave. With electronic devices they already have a time limit. Will fit it into that schedule

Sounds like you just need self control. It’s not the game’s fault a child has no self control, it’s the fault of the parents.
Exactly. I totally agree. I know so many people whose kids are addicted to devices and when you examine the situation it's because they use the devices as babysitters. I use them to but I ensure that they get a time limit and outside time.

That's true.
However usually kids don't have that self control and when parents are too busy to monitor them continuously, it's easy to get addicted to gaming

That's true.
However usually kids don't have that self control and when parents are too busy to monitor them continuously, it's easy to get addicted to gaming
If your child is having self control problems with video games, you can prohibit the kid from playing it when you’re not around. That’s very easy to do if it’s a handheld console, you can hide it or something when you’re not around.

Back