Hacking!

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]I got my second laptop recently.I made some changes in my forum and I was pretty sure that I made certain other settings too.[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Later,I kinda noticed that the changes were not taking any effect.I was pretty shocked.So are the other settings like my control panel and some other stuff.[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]I didn't know what to do.I just changed my admincp password.But later I found out that,a software called "remote desktop access" was installed in my laptop.[/font]
[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]I was pretty sure that I have never really installed such a thing. Quickly,I uninstalled that program and later I came to know that someone just hacked my laptop and as passwords are stored in my chrome browsers,they had access to practically everything![/font]

So, are you asking us about our experiences of our accounts getting hacked, or are you juz telling us about your own experience?

Um Remote Desktop Access comes with Windows. It's installed when the OS is installed. It's best to disable it first thing though for the exact reason you experienced. I suspect someone got face to face access with your PC and set it up so they could access it from remote, but it is possible they could have just accessed it from outside anyways, though a lot less likely. I suggest never never never let anyone use your computer and if you do only allow them the guest account so they can't do anything to compromise you.

Yeah.. Remote Desktop Access is of the Op System ...and no big deal..

and damn.. what are we to reply.. when you dont reveal your intentions or anything.. baka old bones.. :mad:

Albert Newton said:
Yeah.. Remote Desktop Access is of the Op System ...and no big deal..

and damn.. what are we to reply.. when you dont reveal your intentions or anything.. baka old bones.. :mad:

You talking to me eh?
:evil1:

Albert Newton said:
-_-" ... yeah you're a granny afterall.. i should get you checked up.. :evilgrin:

You are not capable of something like that :p
So let's see you try kiddo :evil1:

You should use remote desktop access to fix this issue. This is the easiest way around this problem. It installed on all Windows operating systems.

xXInfectedXx said:
You should use remote desktop access to fix this issue. This is the easiest way around this problem. It installed on all Windows operating systems.

Isn't remote desktop access, not really a preferred way to use, these days?
I have heard many viruses spread because of that application?
I am not into technology, so I don't know much :(

I personally don't trust things like a remote desktop connection. I use Kaspersky for internet security, and I don't use any remote desktop connections.

I prefer Teamviewer myself as I find it a lot easier to use. If you don't like what is happening click program closed.

Star_Of_Hope said:
NecroWolf said:
I prefer Teamviewer myself as I find it a lot easier to use. If you don't like what is happening click program closed.

Is it absolutely safe?
Tamviewer that is? :D

As far as I know it is. The customer sees every move and can disconnect if anything funny goes on. Most ITs are using TV now.

NecroWolf said:
Star_Of_Hope said:
NecroWolf said:

Is it absolutely safe?

As far as I know it is. The customer sees every move and can disconnect if anything funny goes on. Most ITs are using TV now.

TV now? never heard of it.

Claraviolet said:
[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]I got my second laptop recently.I made some changes in my forum and I was pretty sure that I made certain other settings too.[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Later,I kinda noticed that the changes were not taking any effect.I was pretty shocked.So are the other settings like my control panel and some other stuff.[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]I didn't know what to do.I just changed my admincp password.But later I found out that,a software called "remote desktop access" was installed in my laptop.[/font]
[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]I was pretty sure that I have never really installed such a thing. Quickly,I uninstalled that program and later I came to know that someone just hacked my laptop and as passwords are stored in my chrome browsers,they had access to practically everything![/font]

Didn't you have, like, an antivirus software installed on your new laptop? They usually have some sort of antivirus pre-installed when you purchase them.

Demon_skeith said:
NecroWolf said:
Star_Of_Hope said:
NecroWolf said:

Is it absolutely safe?

TV now? never heard of it.

Never heard of TeamViewer? https://www.teamviewer.com/ It's version 10.

Back