Good Anime to Start With

It really depends on the person's taste, anime is so wide and variety its easy to either recommend or wrongly recommend something for them to watch.

Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Attack on Titan, One Punch Man, if you are looking for short anime.
Naruro, Bleach if you are looking for long anime.
Spirited Away, Your Name, if you are looking for movies.
It really depends on your genre tastes and sensibilities though. It'd be better if you mention it.

I would recommend BurnsyCEO's flow chart. In Anime discussions section you will find it as a sticky thread.

Full Metal Alchemist (both the 2003 and Brotherhood) is a good choice. 

I also recommend looking into Fate/ series. It's a fantasy/supernatural type anime. Though I caution all who hear of it... be prepared to get sucked in. (I started watching this and ended up watching 3-4 episodes at a time.)
Start with Fate/Zero (since it's a prequel and kinda sets things up) then go to Fate/Stay Night then Unlimited Blade Works (Unlimited Blade Works is an alternate take on Fate/Stay Night).

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion is worth a look if you like giant robots, supernatural powers and a bit of mystery.

Kabaerni of the Iron Fortress might be worth watching if you like Attack on Titan plus Zombies.

Silver_Fox said:
Start with mainstream, it won't goes wrong
not many people would find them very interesting.
their length scares them away. even if that's not the case, it's usually bad for them if they think anime is for kids

Blackangel said:
not many people would find them very interesting.
their length scares them away. even if that's not the case, it's usually bad for them if they think anime is for kids

I dunno, i still think that it's the safest bet

Watching animé isn't scary to me since its kind of resemblance to other cartoon network movies. Its basically for children to satisfy their curiosity. At times when I'm chanced enough i watch it.

gemxtria said:
There isn't any real frightening anime in my opinion
Animes where frightening to me as a child and not now that I've come of age. Even the borrow anime series isn't as horror as it used to be before.

Back