Glitches list and things to do

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
I would like to use this thread to maintain a list of glitches and things to be done, from this point on. Feel free to reply to this thread if you have come across any new glitches or any new requirements.
Glitches:
Inconsistency in thread content
Permission settings for several forums
Things to be done:
New user groups and colours
New theme to support light and dark modes
Points declaration for Posting contests

Let me know if there is anything what we need.
@Burnsy @MadaraUchiha @gemxtria @Star_Of_Hope You should have all the permissions now.
Kindly check and confirm.

Thank you all!

...Inconsistency in thread content...
Will be continuing to work on this tomorrow. Before I was only aware of some posts having placeholder text "[No message]", which have all been sorted, but looking in the various threads I've been tagged in it seems as though some posts with quotes and possibly other bbcode are outright missing text with no placeholder whatsoever.

The good news is we still have backups of the original MyBB, so no matter what the content is still preserved, just keep letting me know when you guys notice things are out of place or missing.

EDIT: my current theory is that posts which are longer than 3000 characters were affected.
Here is the ID of each affected post I was tagged in/I've come across myself:

Post #912 (Node ID 17) - 3961 characters
Post #1283 (Node ID 16) - 5247 characters
Post #1284 (Node ID 16) - 6390 characters
Post #1285 (Node ID 16) - 9647 characters
Post #1287 (Node ID 16)
Post #1289 (Node ID 16)
Post #1290 (Node ID 16) - 7524 characters
Post #1296 (Node ID 16)
Post #1311 (Node ID 16)
Post #1331 (Node ID 16)
Post #1326 (Node ID 16)
Post #1330 (Node ID 16)
Post #1362 (Node ID 16)
Post #1389 (Node ID 16) - 5440 characters
Post #56201 (Node ID 60) - 6092 characters
Post #58247 (Node ID 60) - 6346 characters
Post #121451 (Node ID 23) - 4364 characters
Post #149640 (Node ID 23) - 3774 characters
Post #245513 (Node ID 23) - 4925 characters

Post #98791 (Node ID 23)
Post #90021 (Node ID 23)

Last edited:
Will be continuing to work on this tomorrow. Before I was only aware of some posts having placeholder text "[No message]", which have all been sorted, but looking in the various threads I've been tagged in it seems as though some posts with quotes and possibly other bbcode are outright missing text with no placeholder whatsoever.

The good news is we still have backups of the original MyBB, so no matter what the content is still preserved, just keep letting me know when you guys notice things are out of place or missing.

EDIT: my current theory is that posts which are longer than 3000 characters were affected.
Here is the ID of each affected post I was tagged in:

Post #56201 - 6092 characters
Post #58247 - 6346 characters
Post #121451 - 4364 characters
Post #149640 - 3774 characters
Post #245513 - 4925 characters
Oh.. Is there a way to retrieve them.
I don't think we have any limit to Xenforo... Posts

Oh.. Is there a way to retrieve them.
I don't think we have any limit to Xenforo... Posts
There definitely will be, I just need to find a common denominator between them (right now I think its > 3000 chars) because when I find that I'll be able to find all affected posts and then come up with a way to import them.

I'm unsure what/if Xenforo's limit is but you're right that it certainly isn't 3000, however I (currently) think that's the only trait they all share.

There definitely will be, I just need to find a common denominator between them (right now I think its > 3000 chars) because when I find that I'll be able to find all affected posts and then come up with a way to import them.

I'm unsure what/if Xenforo's limit is but you're right that it certainly isn't 3000, however I (currently) think that's the only trait they all share.
I see
Hopefully we can cover all the glitches now

I would like to use this thread to maintain a list of glitches and things to be done, from this point on. Feel free to reply to this thread if you have come across any new glitches or any new requirements.
Glitches:
Inconsistency in thread content
Permission settings for several forums
Things to be done:
New user groups and colours
New theme to support light and dark modes
Points declaration for Posting contests

Let me know if there is anything what we need.
@Burnsy @MadaraUchiha @gemxtria @Star_Of_Hope You should have all the permissions now.
Kindly check and confirm.

Thank you all!
Can you get the sidebar status updates?

I see
Hopefully we can cover all the glitches now
A couple things came up at once so I only got have a proper sit down this morning. I ran a query which finds MyBB posts with length > 3000 and copies their contents over to Xenforo posts with the same ID but a length of < 3000.

I'm not certain if this is going to fix all the affected posts, there may be some outliers, but from what I can see most things should be back. There are some old BBcode remaining in these posts I'll have to clean up, but we're finally getting somewhere.

If people spot morre missing posts be sure to tag me in them.

A couple things came up at once so I only got have a proper sit down this morning. I ran a query which finds MyBB posts with length > 3000 and copies their contents over to Xenforo posts with the same ID but a length of < 3000.

I'm not certain if this is going to fix all the affected posts, there may be some outliers, but from what I can see most things should be back. There are some old BBcode remaining in these posts I'll have to clean up, but we're finally getting somewhere.

@Burnsy let us know if you find any other inconsistencies here.
Others as well

There's plenty of posts of only 1-3 lines that are also gone but I'm not too worked about those. My reviews are the ones I wanted to fix mainly.

There's plenty of posts of only 1-3 lines that are also gone but I'm not too worked about those. My reviews are the ones I wanted to fix mainly.
I see.. I'm pretty surprised the importer failed this badly, but maybe there arent enough MyBB -> Xenforo migrations being done that this would get noticed.
But either way I wouldn't worry, it might take a couple weeks depending on how busy I am but we'll definitely get it sorted soon.

No. It was launched in 2005. It was previously known as Burning Board. They later rebranded it as Woltlab.
never heard of it but as it's been years, it must be a huge thing now
may be clarie can consider the next time we migrate

never heard of it but as it's been years, it must be a huge thing now
may be clarie can consider the next time we migrate
Nah, it's not huge. For some reason, it was always less popular than XenForo. Maybe because Woltlab is a German company and XenForo is a British company.

Nah, it's not huge. For some reason, it was always less popular than XenForo. Maybe because Woltlab is a German company and XenForo is a British company.
i didn't know that but not many would care and the origins lol
or may be that's just me

Back