Ghost in the shell live-action teasers

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
So, the teasers for the live-action adaptation of the 1995 anime film Ghost in the Shell dropped a few days back , and, they look, kind of fine..... I mean, I saw the first 30 minutes of the original anime flick a few months back, and I'm not sure whether Scarlett Johanson looks convincing...... Granted, she's great as Black Widow in the Marvel Cinematic Universe..... The movie looks visually fantastic, but, I'm not sure about the director, the guy made 'the snow white and the huntsman', and it is a sub-par movie, at best...... I'm optimistic, but, skeptical...... I just hope this doesn't turn into a disaster like Dragonball Evolution.....
The teasers(5 clips, each 11 seconds):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's an anime with heavy plot and stuff. I don't think many people would like that but then again, I might be wrong. I never thought live actions for anime are this popular though.

Star_Of_Hope said:
It's an anime with heavy plot and stuff. I don't think many people would like that but then again, I might be wrong. I never thought live actions for anime are this popular though.

Nope, they aren't.... They are either ripped-off, and they are used as inspiration, and in this case, revolutionary films like the Matrix(the Wachowski brothers acknowledged that the Matrix was inspired by this one) ....

MadaraUchiha said:
Nope, they aren't.... They are either ripped-off, and they are used as inspiration, and in this case, revolutionary films like the Matrix(the Wachowski brothers acknowledged that the Matrix was inspired by this one) ....

Looks like you have all the latest news about anime and live action movies madara :D

Star_Of_Hope said:
Looks like you have all the latest news about anime and live action movies madara :D

Not really, in the last couple of years, I've sort of become a movie-buff, and I started watching a lot of movies, new and old....

Jinjer said:
i'll give this a shot, to be honest

I see.... I haven't fully watched the original film, and I'm skeptical about this film till a proper trailer comes out..... And, I don't think I'll watch it on day one....

MadaraUchiha said:
Not really, in the last couple of years, I've sort of become a movie-buff, and I started watching a lot of movies, new and old....
That's great. I haven't really watched that many anime movies. May be it's time for me to give them a try too.

I see.
Shaurya downloaded some live action series. Serei no moribito, l change the world and some other stuff.

Star_Of_Hope said:
I see.
Shaurya downloaded some live action series. Serei no moribito, l change the world and some other stuff.

I see, and by the way, I was talking about Live-action hollywood movies, not anime live-action movies..... Though, I did download a few movies directed by Akira Kurosawa.... And, Serei no moribito is a comedy series, right?

MadaraUchiha said:
I see, and by the way, I was talking about Live-action hollywood movies, not anime live-action movies..... Though, I did download a few movies directed by Akira Kurosawa.... And, Serei no moribito is a comedy series, right?

Serei no moribito is far from a comedy series. It's belongs to action genre. I would highly recommend you to watch it. You would enjoy it as it resembles ruroni kenshin.

Star_Of_Hope said:
Serei no moribito is far from a comedy series. It's belongs to action genre. I would highly recommend you to watch it. You would enjoy it as it resembles ruroni kenshin.

Sure, thanks....

I might give this a shot as well, however, I'll probably wait to rent it. Going to the theater has gotten too expensive recently so I don't go see movies in theaters as much as I use to. To those that will see this, will you wait to see it as well?

JennyorAlice said:
I might give this a shot as well, however, I'll probably wait to rent it. Going to the theater has gotten too expensive recently so I don't go see movies in theaters as much as I use to. To those that will see this, will you wait to see it as well?

I'm gonna wait..... I wait for almost every movie.... The only ones I don't wait are sequels of great franchise movies or superhero movies, or the movies of a few directors/actors.....

Back