Fav Epic?

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
For all those who don't know, an epic is mostly a lengthy narrative poem, ordinarily concerning a serious subject containing details of heroic deeds and events significant to a culture or nation...............
My fav epic is the Indian-Sanskrit-Hindu epic "Mahabharath", the longest poem in the world..........The primary reason for it to be my favorite is that it has the best ever mind-game, in my opinion.......And, of course, it has great dialogues, a great story, and great characterisation...................

I haven't read any yet ._. Well, besides Homer' Odyssey and Iliad, but I am not even sure if I read full versions or abridged ones.

Sindar said:
I haven't read any yet ._. Well, besides Homer' Odyssey and Iliad, but I am not even sure if I read full versions or abridged ones.

Well, even I don't think that I've read the original version of the aforementioned epic..............

Mansi14 said:
MadaraUchiha said:
Mansi14 said:
Mahabharat for me as well :D

Well, did you watch the 2013 TV series or the 1988 TV series, or did you read any credible book?

books...many items...from different sources....

Oh, well great..........
Mansi14 said:
actually its tht, tht i dont know any epics other than ramayan and mahabharat...

Oh............Well, apart from these, there are five epics in Sanskrit, known as "Panchamahakaaviyam", literally meaning, "The five great epics", and I think they all are based on Ramayana and Mahabharath.............And, there are epics in Tamil too, which is my mother tongue...................But, all of these pale(including Ramayana) in comparison with the Mahabarath.............

MadaraUchiha said:
Mansi14 said:
MadaraUchiha said:
Mansi14 said:
Mahabharat for me as well :D

Well, did you watch the 2013 TV series or the 1988 TV series, or did you read any credible book?

books...many items...from different sources....

Oh, well great..........

Mansi14 said:
actually its tht, tht i dont know any epics other than ramayan and mahabharat...

Oh............Well, apart from these, there are five epics in Sanskrit, known as "Panchamahakaaviyam", literally meaning, "The five great epics", and I think they all are based on Ramayana and Mahabharath.............And, there are epics in Tamil too, which is my mother tongue...................But, all of these pale(including Ramayana) in comparison with the Mahabarath.............
true.. :p

Back