Famous gag anime

Kaname

V.I.P. Member
I think gintama is the famous one and after that saiki kusuo no seinen. There are other anime too but that are not popular enough.
Do you like gag anime?

I am not into gag anime but I will about that saiki is really entertaining.
As for your question, gintama is the top anime. But it got some serious situations and battles too.

Apart from the anime you mentioned, these are the ones I know:
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Sakamoto desu ga
Daily Lives of Schoolboys
Nichijou
SKET dance

These are pretty popular, and I've only watched Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Sakamoto desu ga from the above.

MadaraUchiha said:
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Sakamoto desu ga
Nichijou
SKET dance

These are pretty popular, and I've only watched Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Sakamoto desu ga from the above.
I heard that sket dance is good.
It's in my watch list as it is recommend by Shaurya. May be I should recommend that anime for April recommendations.

MadaraUchiha said:
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Sakamoto desu ga
Nichijou
SKET dance

you know a lot. i don't know much except for the ones that i watch. how would you know all this?

I like them every once and a while, I would watch them more but they all seem to follow the same outline in their humor.

Demon_skeith said:
I like them every once and a while, I would watch them more but they all seem to follow the same outline in their humor.
they have the same way. they are gag anime for a reason. if it's comedy that you are looking for, then you should go for mainstream anime

SecretWish said:
you know a lot. i don't know much except for the ones that i watch. how would you know all this?

I browse MAL and r/anime from time to time. And, you know, people talk about anime there.
Star_Of_Hope said:
I heard that sket dance is good.
It's in my watch list as it is recommend by Shaurya. May be I should recommend that anime for April recommendations.

I'm up for watching it too but it's like 75 episodes.

MadaraUchiha said:
I browse MAL and r/anime from time to time. And, you know, people talk about anime there.

I'm up for watching it too but it's like 75 episodes.

Well, then we might not be able to recommend it. I don't think it beats kemono no souja erin that Clara recommended and it's just 50 episodes.

At some point we should switch to long anime too

Star_Of_Hope said:
Well, then we might not be able to recommend it. I don't think it beats kemono no souja erin that Clara recommended and it's just 50 episodes.

At some point we should switch to long anime too

The maximum we could do is 24-26 episodes. Anything more would be a really big commitment. Plus, we need a lot of members for that, and we have to choose something that appeals to everyone, and not something niche or random.

MadaraUchiha said:
The maximum we could do is 24-26 episodes. Anything more would be a really big commitment. Plus, we need a lot of members for that, and we have to choose something that appeals to everyone, and not something niche or random.
Anime with really good plot and the so called mainstream anime have just too many episodes. Well, no one would like to watch anime with too many episodes of their least favorite genre.
Next time let's choose 24 episodes anime

MadaraUchiha said:
many people would back down if you pick a 24 episode anime. apart from the anime, i like watching other anime too. i don't want to spend too much time on a selected anime

SecretWish said:
many people would back down if you pick a 24 episode anime. apart from the anime, i like watching other anime too. i don't want to spend too much time on a selected anime

I don't want to either, actually, but just saying that's the maximum I'd be down for.
I always watch seasonal on-going stuff, along with finished anime, so that would come down to about watching 10 anime simultaneously.

MadaraUchiha said:
I don't want to either, actually, but just saying that's the maximum I'd be down for.
I always watch seasonal on-going stuff, along with finished anime, so that would come down to about watching 10 anime simultaneously.

you wouldn't be able to complete them if you watch that many anime at once. i rarely see other anime at once except for shonen ai or yaoi. can we pick genres too for a month?

SecretWish said:
you wouldn't be able to complete them if you watch that many anime at once. i rarely see other anime at once except for shonen ai or yaoi. can we pick genres too for a month?

No, it's new seasonal stuff, airing anime. They air for at least 3 months(12/13 episodes), so that's more than enough time.
We did that at some point but it didn't work out since we had to create a separate recommendation thread for that, plus a voting thread, and since genres are extremely abstract, it didn't work out well.

may be the famous gag anime title would always be with gintama. i never knew a gag anime can have so many episodes and that following. it almost rivals the other action anime.

SecretWish said:
may be the famous gag anime title would always be with gintama. i never knew a gag anime can have so many episodes and that following. it almost rivals the other action anime.

I agree with you on gintama but there are many other famous gag anime too. In this forum, there are people who didn't like gintama.

Back