Ever watched an anime just for your friends' sake?

Elvis

V.I.P. Member
Have you ever watched an anime series just because many of your friends were watching it and talked about it all the time, and despite the fact that you didn't really like the series, you continued watching it to not feel left out in their conversations?

i think i have watched many anime like this. ewon and rurika from yo recommends many anime to me and manga too. i watched and read them but there are quite a few which i don't like

Not really, I have checked out fan animations though for their sake but far as anime goes I watch what I want to.

I did and regretted it. They made me watch an anime like wicked city. I dropped it and when I demanded, I got to know that it was a prank. I hated myself so much that time

I watched Wicked City. I wasn't even pranked, did it to myself ^^'

The anime I watched only cause it was a friend's suggestion usually turned out pretty good though =)

I don't watch stuff my friends watch just because they are but sometimes I watch stuff they are also watching because I might like it but I always hate telling them when I don't like it.

I might give an anime a go if my friends recommend it or talk a lot about it and makes me curious but I won't follow through if I definitely don't like it.

With that said, it is rare I am completely dissatisfied with an anime like to stop watching and I tend to give a good margin for it to pick up, especially if people use the "it gets better". Sometimes it does sometimes it does not.

I've never felt pressured to continue watching something I can't stand just because my friends like it.

Sindar said:
I watched Wicked City. I wasn't even pranked, did it to myself ^^'

The anime I watched only cause it was a friend's suggestion usually turned out pretty good though =)
I was really young at that point and I used to be a nerd. So you use how horrible an experience would that be for me
Risk said:
I don't watch stuff my friends watch just because they are but sometimes I watch stuff they are also watching because I might like it but I always hate telling them when I don't like it.

That's a good way
Sase said:
I have.. A few times.. Wasn't bad..
What are the anime that you watched?
Kaynil said:
I might give an anime a go if my friends recommend it or talk a lot about it and makes me curious but I won't follow through if I definitely don't like it.

With that said, it is rare I am completely dissatisfied with an anime like to stop watching and I tend to give a good margin for it to pick up, especially if people use the "it gets better". Sometimes it does sometimes it does not.

I've never felt pressured to continue watching something I can't stand just because my friends like it.

That's how I feel too

Sase said:
Black lagoon, clannad, terror in resonance and a few..

Clannad is good and I haven't watched the other two so I can't tell you much about them. I might have dropped black lagoon bit it's been a long time, so I might be wrong about it

KuranKaname said:
Clannad is good and I haven't watched the other two so I can't tell you much about them. I might have dropped black lagoon bit it's been a long time, so I might be wrong about it

You should see black lagoon...its terrific as well..

Sase said:
You should see black lagoon...its terrific as well..

I don't really remember why I dropped it. How good is it? I dropped it indicates that the initial episodes are not that great.

KuranKaname said:
I don't really remember why I dropped it. How good is it? I dropped it indicates that the initial episodes are not that great.

It doesnt have a fitting ending tbh.. But its kind of a gangster story with gore involved.. I loved jt tho..

Sase said:
It doesnt have a fitting ending tbh.. But its kind of a gangster story with gore involved.. I loved jt tho..

Let me pick it up again. I will watch haikyuu and black lagoon simultaneously and may be I could complete them soon

KuranKaname said:
Let me pick it up again. I will watch haikyuu and black lagoon simultaneously and may be I could complete them soon

Black lagoon has a season 3 actually.. Roberta's blood trail is the name I think.. You should see it.

Sase said:
Black lagoon has a season 3 actually.. Roberta's blood trail is the name I think.. You should see it.

That's a misleading name man. Who would know that it is related to another anime, with a name like that? :cheers:

KuranKaname said:
That's a misleading name man. Who would know that it is related to another anime, with a name like that? :cheers:

Well, its like a sub story.. It is a sick anime with dopr gun fights..

Back