E3 2022 cancelled

Burnsy

V.I.P. Member

"The COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact in-person gatherings, making the prospect of a very large and famously packed event unattractive."

"In addition to pandemic concerns, video game publishers have increasingly withdrawn from E3 in favor of hosting their own online events like Nintendo’s Direct showcases, EA Play Live, and Sony’s State of Play."

"E3 will return in 2023 with a reinvigorated showcase that celebrates new and exciting video games and industry innovations"

E3 was only the platform and it's if there's no E3 publishers will just announce trailers using other shows or without any show and the games will still be coming.

Tbh last E3 only Nintendo and Xbox had good showings. All 3rd party publishers tried topping each other for worst showing.

Ubisoft apparently has a big show with 10 new game reveals and EAs show is cancelled. I hope SE and Capcom cancel theirs too and reveal their stuff whenever the big 3 have a show of their own.

Tbh last E3 only Nintendo and Xbox had good showings. All 3rd party publishers tried topping each other for worst showing.

Ubisoft apparently has a big show with 10 new game reveals and EAs show is cancelled. I hope SE and Capcom cancel theirs too and reveal their stuff whenever the big 3 have a show of their own.

Microsoft's show is going to get way more interesting starting this year and that's what I'm expecting the most from.

Microsoft's show is going to get way more interesting starting this year and that's what I'm expecting the most from.
I just hope they talk more about stuff that's already revealed because a lot of their games are in dev hell rn.

I won't deny that I was shocked when the cancelled E3 in 2022 and to be honest, I expected it to end up resulting in E3 becoming no more which seems to have been what we have seen as there was no E3 this year.

Over the years, E3 did get worse and it went from being an amazing event to being something that lacked what we always looked for when it came to an E3 event.

It is a shame we have seen it end but it was for the best.

Back