Does it bother anyone that girls do ALL the housework in anime?

Star_Of_Hope

Akatsuki
Staff member
I don't like it all that much and I find this in most of the anime. Probably it has something to do with my gender.
What about you guys?

I don't have any problems with it. The most important thing is that they are doing the role well. Once that's perfect, I'm very good with it.

They don't. It's about even. I have watched a lot of anime and the housework is done by both sexes mostly except in haram animes then it's either just the girls or the guy. Though xxxholic is a good example of a non harm anime where the guy does all of the housework. And the idea that some of you have been bouncing around that having the women do all the work is normal in Japan surprise, it's not. It is instilled in everyone from an early age that you are ALL supposed to pitch in and do your share that includes cooking and cleaning. The only domestic chore defined as specifically a woman's job is child care. And since most Japanese men and women live alone the idea of having someone to dote on you and take care of you so you don't have to do anything after getting home from your 18 to 20 hour work day is very appealing.

They don't. It's about even. I have watched a lot of anime and the housework is done by both sexes mostly except in haram animes then it's either just the girls or the guy. Though xxxholic is a good example of a non harm anime where the guy does all of the housework. And the idea that some of you have been bouncing around that having the women do all the work is normal in Japan surprise, it's not. It is instilled in everyone from an early age that you are ALL supposed to pitch in and do your share that includes cooking and cleaning. The only domestic chore defined as specifically a woman's job is child care. And since most Japanese men and women live alone the idea of having someone to dote on you and take care of you so you don't have to do anything after getting home from your 18 to 20 hour work day is very appealing.
That’s true in places like Tokyo, but if you leave that area, and go to other parts of Japan, it’s still pretty common practice.

I’m Japanese, and a large portion of my family live there, so my statement isn’t coming from a place of ignorance. When I go visit them and their friends, there’s still a TON of families still doing stuff like that.

That’s true in places like Tokyo, but if you leave that area, and go to other parts of Japan, it’s still pretty common practice.

I’m Japanese, and a large portion of my family live there, so my statement isn’t coming from a place of ignorance. When I go visit them and their friends, there’s still a TON of families still doing stuff like that.
That's true I suppose. It was that way where I lived as a kid but I been urban long enough to start to forget that.

That's true I suppose. It was that way where I lived as a kid but I been urban long enough to start to forget that.
It’s kind of the same for me with certain stereotypes of the Southern US. I’m like “lol, that’s not a thing here”, until I leave the major cities and then realize “oh wait… the stereotype exists for a reason…”

I recently came back, and totally forgot about people living in double wide trailers.

It’s kind of the same for me with certain stereotypes of the Southern US. I’m like “lol, that’s not a thing here”, until I leave the major cities and then realize “oh wait… the stereotype exists for a reason…”

I recently came back, and totally forgot about people living in double wide trailers.
not many people welcome the change lol
that's why we don't get rid of many things in life, that are toxic for us

Back