Doctor Strange Movie Review

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
PlotPros:Cons:
1. Another disposable villain-It's not like the villain acted badly, it's just that he wasn't menacing, and he didn't stand out, like most other villains in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
2. The hero's journey- The first act is about Stephen Strange becoming a master sorcerer and how he trains to become one, and it feels kind of rushed; it takes place over several months, but, it feels as if it takes place over a few days. It's no Batman Begins in that aspect.
3. This is more of a nit-pick, but, the action sequence in the third act pales in comparison with the one in the second act, and the villain's end is kind of underwhelming.
4. Exposition-This is something common in trippy and fantasy movies like this one, Inception, the first Harry Potter, and it's necessary, but, it still comes off as on the nose sometimes.

Overall, Doctor Strange is an action-packed visually stunning ride that will keep you engaged throughout, if you watch it in 3D7.8/10.

PS: Both the mid-credit and the post-credit scenes are important, so, don't leave after the credits start rolling, if you care about keeping up with the plot of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Why didn't you add any rating to this anime? There are so many cons just like pros to this anime. Rating would help us to decide whether it's worth it or not.

Saber said:
Why didn't you add any rating to this anime? There are so many cons just like pros to this anime. Rating would help us to decide whether it's worth it or not.

It's a movie, and yeah, I'll add a rating.....

MadaraUchiha said:
It's a movie, and yeah, I'll add a rating.....

Can I ask you why are posting a review to a normal movie rather than anime? It's been a long time since I saw one of your reviews. I was looking forward to other reviews may be even in that blog but that never happened.

Saber said:
Can I ask you why are posting a review to a normal movie rather than anime? It's been a long time since I saw one of your reviews. I was looking forward to other reviews may be even in that blog but that never happened.

Well, because it's been a few months since I watched a fully finished anime, and I like watching movies.... And, this is a huge blockbuster comic book movie, so, I thought, 'why not review it?', and I decided to do it....

When you compared the movie to Batman and iron man are you talking about the graphics ? Or is it the story?

TheBoss said:
When you compared the movie to Batman and iron man are you talking about the graphics ? Or is it the story?

I meant the story.... Batman Begins, Iron Man and Doctor Strange are origin stories, but, Batman Begins and Iron Man are way better than Doctor Strange, and my favourite of the three is Batman Begins.... And, you do realise that this is a movie right, I mean, when you said 'graphics', you meant the visuals, right?

MadaraUchiha said:
I meant the story.... Batman Begins, Iron Man and Doctor Strange are origin stories, but, Batman Begins and Iron Man are way better than Doctor Strange, and my favourite of the three is Batman Begins.... And, you do realise that this is a movie right, I mean, when you said 'graphics', you meant the visuals, right?

Yes visuals indeed. In ankle they are generally referred to as graphics. Is it an alternate series of something new? Like the beginning of something?

TheBoss said:
Yes visuals indeed. In ankle they are generally referred to as graphics. Is it an alternate series of something new? Like the beginning of something?

It's the 14th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and yeah, it's the origin story of Doctor Strange, and yeah, that means, the beginning.......

doctor strange is one of the literally most powerful characters in the marvel universe

forget the goku-versus-superman debate, doc strange can practically un-think reality and make things go exactly his way, if he feels like it... he's that high-tier (and that's why his full title is "doctor strange, sorcerer supreme" emphasize on the word supreme)

but this is an origin story, so this is more on how he started out from being a jerk-ass doctor to sorcerer supreme

oh yeah, and don't tool around with dormammu

Jinjer said:
doctor strange is one of the literally most powerful characters in the marvel universe

forget the goku-versus-superman debate, doc strange can practically un-think reality and make things go exactly his way, if he feels like it... he's that high-tier (and that's why his full title is "doctor strange, sorcerer supreme" emphasize on the word supreme)

but this is an origin story, so this is more on how he started out from being a jerk-ass doctor to sorcerer supreme

oh yeah, and don't tool around with dormammu

Yeah, it's weird to see someone so astronomically powerful, and go back to watching Marvel's Daredevil, and Jessica Jones, who are street level fighters....
So, did you watch the movie, and did you like it?

Back