Do you think mecha genre is not popular anymore?

DarkAngel

V.I.P. Member
most of the people are discussing about this and i wanted to see the opinions here
what do you think?

It still seems to be doing okay. I would say that it is far from its heights, but certainly still being watched quite a bit.

It's declining. The peak of mecha anime is in 70's until early 00's with super robot genre is still around. It used to be huge, and when i said huge it's really HUGE, there were tons of series. Let's named it.. Combattler V, Voltes V, Daitarn 3, Dancougar, Raideen, God Sigma Go Shogun Go Lion, Mazinger and its variations, Getter Robo and its variations, then we got Macross series, Gundam series, Patlabor, Evangelion series and other things that i haven't watched or not remember. Move into early 00's i still heard series like Rahxephon, Guren Lagann, Full Metal Panic, Gravion, Sakura Wars..

I know that Gundam and Macross is still around nowadays but everything else is not that much i think..

It's declining. The peak of mecha anime is in 70's until early 00's with super robot genre is still around. It used to be huge, and when i said huge it's really HUGE, there were tons of series. Let's named it.. Combattler V, Voltes V, Daitarn 3, Dancougar, Raideen, God Sigma Go Shogun Go Lion, Mazinger and its variations, Getter Robo and its variations, then we got Macross series, Gundam series, Patlabor, Evangelion series and other things that i haven't watched or not remember. Move into early 00's i still heard series like Rahxephon, Guren Lagann, Full Metal Panic, Gravion, Sakura Wars..

I know that Gundam and Macross is still around nowadays but everything else is not that much i think..
true shadow
i have been thinking the same. we don't get too many mecha anime these days and they were really a blast

Back