Do you like spoilers for anime?

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
I don't mind spoilers most of the time. Well of course, I wouldn't appreciate others to deliberately spoil the fun as well. 
What about you guys?

I spoil things myself all the time.

I know some people don’t know what spoilers are, and get really upset if you just describe the premise.

[quote="Grungie" pid='265012' dateline='1635158608']
I spoil things myself all the time.

I know some people don’t know what spoilers are, and get really upset if you just describe the premise.
[/quote]

That depends on the individual.
I know people who argue saying that, if they haven't watched something, then anything related to that anime can be a spoiler... For them.
It makes sense and it doesn't make sense at the same time (_ _)/

[quote="Claraviolet" pid='265016' dateline='1635160218']

That depends on the individual.
I know people who argue saying that, if they haven't watched something, then anything related to that anime can be a spoiler... For them.
It makes sense and it doesn't make sense at the same time (_ _)/
[/quote]

I think it’s more like they think you have to go in blind to get the “full” experience. Apparently reading the premise on MAL, Crunchyroll, etc is a massive spoiler and ruins the whole show.

[quote="Grungie" pid='265018' dateline='1635162581']

I think it’s more like they think you have to go in blind to get the “full” experience. Apparently reading the premise on MAL, Crunchyroll, etc is a massive spoiler and ruins the whole show.
[/quote]

Exactly and even when referring to some old anime, we have to be careful around such users.
It's a pain!!!!

I've found a spoiler can easily ruin a show for me. I had one for Your Lie in April, was enjoying the show then someone told me the end and i dropped it for about a year before i ended actually watching it

[quote="gemxtria" pid='265021' dateline='1635163268']
I've found a spoiler can easily ruin a show for me. I had one for Your Lie in April, was enjoying the show then someone told me the end and i dropped it for about a year before i ended actually watching it
[/quote]

Premises aren’t spoilers.

[quote="gemxtria" pid='265100' dateline='1635234005']
It's a spoiler when they tell you what happens to a particular character
[/quote]

If it’s something that happens in the first episode, I say go cry a river.

[quote="gemxtria" pid='265112' dateline='1635245583']
It was the last episode and i was 16 in
[/quote]

I’ve never read a basic premise of a show that spoiled the ending in it.

[quote="gemxtria" pid='265116' dateline='1635247160']
Okay, i was 16 episodes in and someone told me the main person died. That's a spoiler
[/quote]

I’m talking about the description on Crunchyroll or MAL or whatever being a spoiler, not your friend spoiling the ending.

Back