Do you celebrate birthdays?

Henrywrites

Birthday celebrations is always an awesome time to interact and meet people that you might not have seen in a while. Do you celebrate your birthdays?

When it comes to my own birthday I don't really celebrate if I am honest, I just see it as me getting another year older. I may have a takeaway with my family and chill out on the day but I don't really do much of anything else. I will celebrate other members of my family's birthday though such as my children and also my mum, dad, brothers, grandma, auntie, uncle, cousin, and such if they are doing something to celebrate their birthday.

When it comes to my own birthday I don't really celebrate if I am honest, I just see it as me getting another year older. I may have a takeaway with my family and chill out on the day but I don't really do much of anything else. I will celebrate other members of my family's birthday though such as my children and also my mum, dad, brothers, grandma, auntie, uncle, cousin, and such if they are doing something to celebrate their birthday.
I feel the same but when I receive the presents from others and when they express how special it is to them just because they have me, in their lives on the specific day, it makes me feel whole again and after thinking about it, I can't honestly say that I hate it.

We don't celebrate birthdays or holidays anymore. We believe we don't need a "day" to tell our loved one they mean something. However, we do acknowledge them. When I was younger, we had a bigger shindig with special occasions. As a kid, it's all about the presents lol

Back