Digital or Traditional?

Ace

If you're not an art lover then I suggest looking into it some more, art is very beautiful.

But on topic,

Do you like Digital art or Traditional? If you like one more than the other why?

Personally, I'm stuck in between, Reason: I'm Learning Digital art/Graphics for various reasons But I love the looks and feel of Traditional. So I can't really decide. I love both.

Differences:

Digital Art:
Digital art is an artistic work or practice that uses digital technology as an essential part of the creative or presentation process. Since the 1970s, various names have been used to describe the process, including computer art and multimedia art. Digital art is itself placed under the larger umbrella term new media art.

Note:: I do not know whom these artists are i'm using their art as a reference.
64d8954355.jpg

Traditional Art:
Traditional Art refers to an art produced at the present period of time that reflects the current culture by utilizing classical techniques in drawing, painting, and sculpting. Practicing artists are mainly concerned with the preservation of time-honored skills in creating works of figurative and representational forms of fine art as a means to express human emotions and experiences. Subjects are based on the aesthetics of balancing external reality with the intuitive, internal conscience driven by emotion, philosophical thought, or the spirit.

(for this reference I'm only using a Drawing.)

d0195a28c9.jpg

As there are many references to choose from I chose ones that somewhat resemble anime, take note that they may not be from an anime I chose that because some may be biased.

I like a combination of both actually.
So digital art, but hand drawn using a tablet or solith.

The digital art is undoubtedly beautiful but the traditional art got the feel that is difficult to capture in a digital art.
So, I can't pick one over the other

Digital clearly looks better, yet traditional has a lot more charm and style to it. This is something I see a lot in anime when I watch older shows and newer shows. New shows look flashy but don't hold that charm the old shows have.

Digital for fan-arts of characters and stuff from movies, games, anime and TV shows. Tradition for all others.

Traditional has a certain sense to it visually that digital just can't achieve. I sketch old school anime style pinups with pen and markers so I may be a little biased.

kadenmire said:
Traditional has a certain sense to it visually that digital just can't achieve. I sketch old school anime style pinups with pen and markers so I may be a little biased.

with this i agree
and i think you know the artist struggles too kadenmire. people struggle a lot to give a feel to their work.

I have to admit I'm quite a techie, so I find digital art thrilling. I've visited a few traditional art galleries with my girlfriend as Covid restrictions were lifted over the summer and they were alright - But I prefer my digital/modern art :D

Back