Could you live without internet??

Blackrose

Well-known member
Thomasss said:
Gosh no.

The more I think about it, and considering the current situation, I could not live without the internet. Everything I have is connected, my lightbulbs, my doorknob....everything. The internet is an amazing invention that will eventually wreak havoc on the entire world but until that day comes, I will continue enjoying everything the internet has to offer!
 

Alexander

Well-known member
Yes, I could live without the internet. Many countries have limited or no access to a connection so why couldn't I? You do not need WiFi to survive, it's not an essential like shelter, food, water or clothes. There's a possibility though, that the internet may become a necessity for everyday life as technology advances.
 

Blackrose

Well-known member

I suppose that you are right but have you ever had to stay without any web access for at least a week? Did you not miss anything?
 

Esmee

Well-known member
I am learning to live without things. Corona lockdown and the virus outbreak has taught a lot of things. And made me rethink on many choices done in the past. I prefer to live without itnernet, games and also anime. It needs to happens slowly so that it does not pain. But I think practice needs to be done.
 

Blackrose

Well-known member
Esmee said:
I am learning to live without things. Corona lockdown and the virus outbreak has taught a lot of things. And made me rethink on many choices done in the past. I prefer to live without itnernet, games and also anime. It needs to happens slowly so that it does not pain. But I think practice needs to be done.

It's an interesting thought but I'm kinda trying to make cash online so I need the internet. I'm basically basing everything on it now so I'm positive that I won't be able to live without it now
 

Alexander

Well-known member
I rely on the internet for my main source of income, so probably not. I would also find life extremely boring if the internet was not to exist anymore. No netflix, no youtube, no spotify, and most importantly no social media platforms!
 

Blackangel

Well-known member
Alexander said:
I rely on the internet for my main source of income, so probably not. I would also find life extremely boring if the internet was not to exist anymore. No netflix, no youtube, no spotify, and most importantly no social media platforms!

that's cool alex
how much can you make by this online income? is it good enough?
 

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Staff member
Lol definitely not, and especially not since the pandemic. Internet access is the only thing that's gotten me through it really.
 

Sincerem

Well-known member
At this point in time is practically impossible, internet is part of me. I make money using the internet. The daily information circling round the world is only possible for me to digest faster through the internet.
 

Blackrose

Well-known member
apathy said:
Lol definitely not, and especially not since the pandemic. Internet access is the only thing that's gotten me through it really.

I understand, it sort of keeps us sane lol


Sincerem said:
At this point in time is practically impossible, internet is part of me. I make money using the internet. The daily information circling round the world is only possible for me to digest faster through the internet.

Yup everything is practically online right now
 

Sincerem

Well-known member
Blackrose said:
I understand, it sort of keeps us sane lol



Yup everything is practically online right now



Laughs, you're just dear, everything is heading digital i barely watch things through TV this days nor listen to radio, every dime information i get is online.
 

Blackrose

Well-known member
Sincerem said:
Laughs, you're just dear, everything is heading digital i barely watch things through TV this days nor listen to radio, every dime information i get is online.
 

kadenmire

Well-known member
Blackrose said:
These days even the elderly people can't function without internet. My question is after becoming so dependent on it could you live without it if there was a huge power shut down or something and not a single drop of internet was available?
Yes I could. I wouldn't like it but I could. I grew up on a farm with no internet. I didn't have acess to the internet until I was 14 and then it was not the internet you know now.
 

Blackrose

Well-known member
kadenmire said:
Yes I could. I wouldn't like it but I could. I grew up on a farm with no internet. I didn't have acess to the internet until I was 14 and then it was not the internet you know now.

Oh that sounds nice..must have been fun to grow up in a quiet nature based place.
 

Sincerem

Well-known member
Hahahahaha, already we know the internet can't close down till end of time. We'll continue to enjoy it till end of time.
 

Blackrose

Well-known member
Sincerem said:
Hahahahaha, already we know the internet can't close down till end of time. We'll continue to enjoy it till end of time.

That's true lol but you never know what could happen hehe
End of time or end of month with some people's salary lol
 

Sincerem

Well-known member
Blackrose said:
That's true lol but you never know what could happen hehe
End of time or end of month with some people's salary lol
Lol, that's it. When it comes to the world anything can still happen. If the world ends today, it means the salary earners will be quenched no more salaries till end of time, hehehe.
 

Gh0st4unt3r

Member
i could if i didnt have any work or hobbies that i have online, because my living relies on the internet at this moment in time no i would not survive without it as it is my sole place of earning and my career.
 

kadenmire

Well-known member
It is a self feeding loop. Because we have the internet we are dependent on the internet and because we are dependent on it we have to have the internet.
 

Naiwen

Well-known member
Being schizoid (the loner type of person) or antisocial, I hate communicating and socializing offline or IRL because I can't think about what I'll be talking about or to whom I'm talking to whereas, online, I can select and choose whom and what I'm talking about/to. And personally, having lived my whole life online, I don't think I go offline completely and totally this very moment. I'm myself an internet/social media/forum/blog addict.
 
Top