Comedy is such a mood killer!

MoonlightShadow

V.I.P. Member
I need to rant here. It's very annoying when serious author like Naoki Urasawa add comedy scenes in his work, it just out of place not fresh air. I was like.. just cut that shit and just do your usual stuff, i'm not read your work for your jokes, it's mood killer. The important event when Miyuki meet Madam Ohtori to decide her future completely ruined by those brats, this is total screw up, i'm not enjoy this a bit

Can't say I'm familiar with him or his works, but I agree if random comedy in a serious situation can kill the mood.

Some creators know how to do it well, but the guy who writes Strike The Blood is awful at it.

Grungie said:
Some creators know how to do it well, but the guy who writes Strike The Blood is awful at it.

Well true, if they usually present comedy on their works then they capable to deliver comedy in the right timing which is enhance the overall quality of the series. But Naoki Urasawa didn't have enough experience on this, maybe just like the guy behind Strike the Blood, so it just drop the quality significantly

[quote="White_Tiger_Of_Lunar_Mountain" pid='198576' dateline='1589651172']

Well true, if they usually present comedy on their works then they capable to deliver comedy in the right timing which is enhance the overall quality of the series. But Naoki Urasawa didn't have enough experience on this, maybe just like the guy behind Strike the Blood, so it just drop the quality significantly
[/quote]

Strike the Blood is a knockoff of A Certain Magical Index, which did throw in comedy bits of harem antics, but they made it an action series first. Strike The Blood is the opposite, where it’s a harem comedy first, and an action series second. They’ll be fighting someone, and then they have to slam the breaks to throw in awkward sexual tension, because vampires.

White_Tiger_Of_Lunar_Mountain said:
Haha.. that show sounds weird, i'll check it out

The awkward sexual tension is because the MC is a vampire, so he goes super saiyan from drinking blood from his haremettes.

Back