Cinemas

Alexander

Thinking of COVID-19, do you think when cases & death reach 0, cinemas will be no longer? The industry was already struggling with the likes of Amazon Prime & Netflix but the pandemic makes matters worst. What do you think?

I think movie theaters will be around, but I think many small town locations will lose many if not all of them. Like my town has two right now, I don't think there will be when this is all said and done.

Demon_skeith said:
I think movie theaters will be around, but I think many small town locations will lose many if not all of them. Like my town has two right now, I don't think there will be when this is all said and done.
I agree with this. the major cities will keep their cinemas

Yeah its a sad thing to think of but I kinda can see a lot of smaller cinemas having to shut their doors. Even the big chain ones will likely have to shut down some of their most under-performing branches.

Reading back on this thread nearly 3 years later and a lot of these questions can now be answered. I honestly thought we may see cinemas take a hit when COVID-19 hit but it seems that the opposite happened as cinemas are still seeing a lot of use even now in 2023.

Where I live, we are having a brand new cinema and food court built around 5 - 10 minutes away from me which is ideal.

Back