Cars 3 Movie Review

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
Cars 3(2017) Movie Review

Plot:
Lightning McQueen sets out to prove to a new generation of racers that he's still the best race car in the world.

Prelude:
I'm a big fan of Pixar. I think they are in the top 3 best animation studios of all time(along with Walt Disney and Studio Ghibli). But, to me, the second Cars movie, Cars 2, is nothing more than a blot on their illustrious profile. I think Cars is a good movie, and I don't hate Cars 2 as much as most people, but, I do think that it's the worst movie they've ever made. I didn't really ask for another Cars movie, especially before getting an Incredibles sequel, so, I had zero expectations going into it. I saw this movie on 18/06/2017.

Pro's:
Animation: As always, Pixar's animation is beautiful and top-notch.
The racing scenes are awesome.
The voice acting is very good.
The characters are mostly like-able.
They under-play the importance of Mater, who ruined Cars 2, and focus more on Lightning McQueen.
The new character, Cruz Ramirez.
This movie actually focuses on racing(unlike the last one which was a below average spy movie) and about Lightning learning to get back his mojo.

Con's:
The first act is dull and boring.
Many jokes don't land.

Verdict:
Overall, this is no masterpiece. This is probably not in my top 10 Pixar movies. But, it's still a fairly good movie.
Score: 7/10.

I take it that this is better than the previous movie then. I am gonna watch it sometime

Nel said:
I take it that this is better than the previous movie then. I am gonna watch it sometime
It's still a movie that's between 'okay' and 'good'. I suggest you watch something like Wonder Woman, if you haven't already.

MadaraUchiha said:
It's still a movie that's between 'okay' and 'good'. I suggest you watch something like Wonder Woman, if you haven't already.

I haven't watched it but I am planning to. I read your review about it and it sounds interesting. I just need to finish some anime first

Back