Best free forum software mybb, phpbb or smf?

redminion

Which of the three forum softwares do you think is the best? mybb, phpbb or smf? My own choice is mybb because it is best to managed, customize and install modules compared to the other two (phpbb and smf).

myBB is the best free forum software around at the moment because the design of the themes are allot better and plugins are easier to install.

I prefer phpBB because I have used it in the past and I am more familiar with it than I am with MyBB... Simple Machines is awful and I would never use it...

phpbb is better than any free forum software, what you can do with it, statistics, anything can be done. its old, looks dumb to me, and their templates are a pain sometime but i use it. their support sucks, sometimes i get help but more than often not. and you can only bump threads twice which sucks cause you cant get what you want done. the mods there are mean and i think dont even know how to treat people with respect. its like talking to complete arrogant morons

tunescool said:
phpbb is better than any free forum software, what you can do with it, statistics, anything can be done. its old, looks dumb to me, and their templates are a pain sometime but i use it. their support sucks, sometimes i get help but more than often not. and you can only bump threads twice which sucks cause you cant get what you want done. the mods there are mean and i think dont even know how to treat people with respect. its like talking to complete arrogant morons

You know, there are more phpBB support communities other than their official one... You could probably try asking for help on other tech forums... There might be a few php programmers out there who would be willing to offer a helpful hand...

Usually, it depends on what a webmaster is exactly looking for, but if you're only listing those 3 free forums softwares, the best one is definitely MyBBvBulletin

Back