Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zone Alarm Free

• FortiNet FortiClient

• Total voters

Elvis

V.I.P. Member
What is the best FREE antivirus, in your opinion? I made a poll with the most well known ones. Choose your favorite. Post your reasons in this thread.

TBH here, I must say that AVG is the best "FREE" Anti-virus and is also trust worty. AVG #1 - Avast #2.

All the other Anti-viruses you named I don't find trust worthy.

I install AVG Free on every PC I work on, unless they have Avast as it's pretty good too. I don't prefer it as it seems to slow your PC down more than AVG does.

Has to be Avast for me. Always been one I have used and even when going over to something else I have always come back to Avast in the end.

Demon_skeith said:
@ak said:
TBH here, I must say that AVG is the best "FREE" Anti-virus and is also trust worty. AVG #1 - Avast #2.

I really can't agree with that, never was good for me and seem slow. One month after I got rid of it, this had happen:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/AVG-Update-Windows-7-PCs-Fix,news-9201.html

Interesting. Somehow I missed that altogether. Must not have affected all PCs. I update it all the time and run Windows 7 64-bit so I guess I was lucky. (Also bricked means permanantly broken so the fact you can fix it means it wasn't bricked. Still a PITA nonetheless.)

@ak said:

All the antivirus programs I have listed in the poll are trustworthy. They are certified as official antivirus vendors on the Microsoft website.

Also, AVG is not really the best out there. You should try UnThreat. It does a much better job.

Personally, I like AVG.

I actually use a paid version of AVG. I use AVG Internet Security Business Edition 2012.

My Vote has been cast for AVG! The antivirus I think the best is AVG. It is really good to stopping virus and spyware comming through to infect your computer.

None of the above for me.... I like Kaspersky. Used it for over 6 years now and not had a single problem.

Back