Attack On Titan Season 2 Review

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
Anime Review: Attack on Titan Season 2(2017)

Plot:
Eren Yeager and others of the 104th Training Corps have begun to become full members of the Survey Corps. As they ready themselves to face the Titans once again, their preparations are interrupted by the invasion of Wall Rose-but all is not as it seems as more mysteries are unraveled. As the Survey Corps races to save the wall, they uncover more about the invading Titans and the dark secrets of their own members.

Pro's:
Animation: This is a considerable improvement upon the first season. The animation is stunning, especially after the 3rd episode. Many times, it's really gorgeous to look at, especially the last episode.
Voice-Acting: The voice-acting is very good, as expected from a production of this scale.
The Action Sequences: The action sequences are exhilarating and breath-taking, filled with stunning long-takes of violent scenes full of blood and gore. It was... satisfying.
Mythology: The mythology of the series is expanded considerably more and more things start to make sense.
Characters: There are no new major characters, however, side characters from the previous series are given more importance, and mostly their motivations make sense.
Screen-play: This is an extremely fast-paced anime. Yes, it slows down whenever the plot needs to be progressed, but, for the most part, it's a non-stop thrill ride.
Gore: This needs to be emphasised again. I've many 'bloddy' anime, but, this is the best 'bloody' anime. Meaning, it doesn't necessarily have as much blood and gore as some other anime I've watched, but, whenever red appeared, it was pulsating, and just brilliant to watch.

Con's:
The animation was a bit weird during the first three episodes.
The finale was good, but, it could have been a bit better.

Verdict8.3/10.

Trailer:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well, looks like you liked it a lot.
Will you mind writing a review about blue exorcist too?

MadaraUchiha said:
I don't, but, it won't be positive. Plus, it's been a long time since I watched it.

It's cool. I want to see what parts aren't god at all and it's cool if you don't remember the entire anime from beginning to end.

Nel said:
It's cool. I want to see what parts aren't god at all and it's cool if you don't remember the entire anime from beginning to end.
Well, to be blunt, I think the first half deserves a score around 7.5, and the second half a score around 6.

MadaraUchiha said:
I meant the first half was solid and well done, compared to the crappy second half.

You said that too. Did you add the second season to your watch list by any chance?

MadaraUchiha said:
I have zero interest in watching it, so no.

I have watched it...and it's really good. But if you don't want to watch it, then it's cool too.

Back