Are manga prices too high?

gemxtria

V.I.P. Member
Where I'm from (UK) the cheapest are like £9.99 which doesn't sound too bad, but when you think it can take 30 mins - 1 hour to complete, maybe it is a little high

I think it’s because I’m used to buying CD’s, so like $10 for something that takes the same amount of time to complete isn’t a big deal.

I will say it’s a bit silly that some of the publishers who have shorter series are the more expensive ones.

I'd love to pick up some actual Japanese manga. I couldn't read it but i think it would be cool to own

I would Rather go to the local library and get the book out if possible because once you read it you can return it!

tdbnz said:
I would Rather go to the local library and get the book out if possible because once you read it you can return it!
That's a really good way of thinking about it! I wish i could do that but i love collecting things so i currently have stacks of manga

They are not very high but expensive enough.
I don't usually purchase manga and try to read when I get online

Rinko said:
They are not very high but expensive enough.
I don't usually purchase manga and try to read when I get online
I like to read some online but only from the publishers websites. I find too many manga online are different to the actual print

I think when people get accustomed to free, paying for it in general feels too expensive. I’ve been in this discussion a lot, and people don’t give an ideal price. It’s always some long winded way of saying “blah, I don’t wanna pay for it at all”.

yeah i have no problem with paying the prices for manga (unless they're really expensive) i prefer having the hard copies

[quote="gemxtria" pid='266708' dateline='1642685267']
yeah i have no problem with paying the prices for manga (unless they're really expensive) i prefer having the hard copies
[/quote]

I do feel a bit ripped off for the thinner ones that are $13, unless they’re in color or something.

I think they are, honestly. I don't buy manga much anymore and read all mine online. I see no point in buying my manga at a book store or anything.

I think they are, honestly. I don't buy manga much anymore and read all mine online. I see no point in buying my manga at a book store or anything.
true lol
and many different websites makes it very easy to browse manga and you don't have to struggle at all lol

They are expensive and with the shipping cost and import costs, the price would be even more. Which is why people try to opt for digital manga and get the printed versions if they like something a lot.

They are expensive and with the shipping cost and import costs, the price would be even more. Which is why people try to opt for digital manga and get the printed versions if they like something a lot.
You need to check the local stores first like I have been telling you to. Those novels, manga would have already gone through all the process and as the purchases are in bulk the shipping cost will reduce. Try to get them from the local stores and only if it's not available, you can order them from Japan or pay a proxy service to do it for you.

Back