Apathy's Dance music lists

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
I'm a really big fan of dance music and I make some lists on RateYourMusic to help get people into certain genres. I used to be a DJ, but I'm very lazy and this is way easier.
A lot of people will write off dance music as being mindless trite but some of the most emotionally on-point and thought provoking music I've heard have been Dance tunes. Of course they're not all like that, and some of the examples in my lists are just dumb good fun, but if anybody has ever wanted to try get into the various flavors of dance music I think this will be a good starting point for you.

Here are URLs to my lists:
>> Deep House
>> Funky House
>> Garage House
>> Tech House
>> Breakbeat Hardcore
>> Tech Trance

the Deep House list is by far the most fleshed out, with the others struggling to hit 20 entries. I've not yet finished adding my DJ collection to RYM's database, so these lists do get updated over time.
I'm also planning on adding more lists, with an Industrial Techno one being my next venture.

For anyone who is able to take the time to check some of these out, please let me know what you think.

This is cool, I’ll check some out. I’m into my metal and heavier genres and in a band myself but I can appreciate other genres

This looks very interesting.
I am going to check them out as well and thank you for sharing it with us

Nice, what forms of metal are you into? I'd personally be more into Doom & Drone myself but in any case I'd consider Techno to be the Metal of dance music, like with Metal there's so many different forms it can take, from noisier dark ambient kinds to whatever this absolute debauchery is ->
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I've no list for Industrial Techno made just yet but it's in progress and should be up soon.

Rinko said:
This looks very interesting.
I am going to check them out as well and thank you for sharing it with us

Sweet, I'd love to know what people think, there's a decent variation of moods with these lists (Deep House would be more relaxing, Garage/Funky House more upbeat fun, Tech Trance really hard dark beats) so I think there should realistically be something for everyone.

apathy said:
Nice, what forms of metal are you into? I'd personally be more into Doom & Drone myself but in any case I'd consider Techno to be the Metal of dance music, like with Metal there's so many different forms it can take, from noisier dark ambient kinds to whatever this absolute debauchery is ->
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I've no list for Industrial Techno made just yet but it's in progress and should be up soon.

Sweet, I'd love to know what people think, there's a decent variation of moods with these lists (Deep House would be more relaxing, Garage/Funky House more upbeat fun, Tech Trance really hard dark beats) so I think there should realistically be something for everyone.
I'm into the hardcore side of it. Some bigger bands are Terror, Madball, Lionheart, Malevolence... But there's tonnes of other bands

gemxtria said:
I'm into the hardcore side of it. Some bigger bands are Terror, Madball, Lionheart, Malevolence... But there's tonnes of other bands

Nice, I've managed to never hear of a single one of these bands! :v Not that surprising since I really havent listened to much outside doom/drone. I do like hearing new things though so I'll check some of these guys out tomorrow in work.

apathy said:
Nice, I've managed to never hear of a single one of these bands! :v Not that surprising since I really havent listened to much outside doom/drone. I do like hearing new things though so I'll check some of these guys out tomorrow in work.
They're cool. Not everyones cup of tea, but what is

Thank you Angel, I hope you can find some tunes you enjoy from them.

@CryingClown House is the best kind of music IMO, I'd prefer slower beats compared to the song you linked, around 126BPM I think has the best groove for House. I still enjoyed the song though so thanks for sharing.

Back