Anime in your town?

Do you have an anime store in your hometown?

• Yep ^. ^

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No, but I wish there would be one *_*

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No, and I don't care much about it >_>

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • What O.o

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sindar

Here is a question I want to ask you - how hard is it to find anime related things in where you live? Do you have an anime store or something like this? I know those of us who live in the US are probably having no problem with this sort of thing, but in other parts of the world it is a different story =)

[edit]:
Oops, I just realized I've posted it in General Discussion instead of Anime one. If a mod or admin see this post and you know how to move it in where it is supposed to be, can you please do it?.. Sorry for the mess up :wth5:

Can't find anything anime. I can find it only online. I will assume countries like Japan have lots of it everywhere you go.

I dont even look so I dont know. My sister likes that stuff though so it must not be hard to find.

Sindar said:
Here is a question I want to ask you - how hard is it to find anime related things in where you live? Do you have an anime store or something like this? I know those of us who live in the US are probably having no problem with this sort of thing, but in other parts of the world it is a different story =)

[edit]:
Oops, I just realized I've posted it in General Discussion instead of Anime one. If a mod or admin see this post and you know how to move it in where it is supposed to be, can you please do it?.. Sorry for the mess up :wth5:

Forget about anime related stuff.It is difficult find even anime fans in India :(

If you want us to move,we will move this thread but section doesn't really matter in OPF(according to clara and shaurya) :D

sharma said:
Can't find anything anime. I can find it only online. I will assume countries like Japan have lots of it everywhere you go.

It is basically the same for me, all anime stuff I've got I bought in other places or online. I was told we have a shop in my city, but I haven't seen it yet.

JS45 said:
I dont even look so I dont know. My sister likes that stuff though so it must not be hard to find.

Okay =)

MadaraUchiha said:
Nothing as far as my place is concerned...........But I know a lot of fellow otakus.............

You mean in real life? That is cool.

Star_Of_Hope said:
Forget about anime related stuff.It is difficult find even anime fans in India :(

If you want us to move,we will move this thread but section doesn't really matter in OPF(according to clara and shaurya) :D

Here it is not a common hobby, but not rare either, when I was a student I came across a lot of anime fans =) I thought anime would not be sold in every corner shop in India. You have it on TV sometimes though, right?

I was going to post it in Anime discussion, but it was late and I guess I did not pay attention to what I was doing :lost:

Sindar said:
Here it is not a common hobby, but not rare either, when I was a student I came across a lot of anime fans =) I thought anime would not be sold in every corner shop in India. You have it on TV sometimes though, right?

I was going to post it in Anime discussion, but it was late and I guess I did not pay attention to what I was doing :lost:

Yes.We do have anime shows but it's better to watch them online :D
I don't want to watch anime that isn't to my liking :)

Anyway,I am going to move this thread to anime discussions just as you want.And don't worry,things like that can happen to anyone :)

we actually have a place that sells anime stuff like toys. watches chains, key rings, bags akatsuki cloaks and some other stuff...not a big shop but there in our most used mall so they do quite a bit of business. they don't sell manga but then i saw manga in two book stores so far. and we have no anime sold anywhere x) i guess our countries is full of pirates lol

Zero said:
we actually have a place that sells anime stuff like toys. watches chains, key rings, bags akatsuki cloaks and some other stuff...not a big shop but there in our most used mall so they do quite a bit of business. they don't sell manga but then i saw manga in two book stores so far. and we have no anime sold anywhere x) i guess our countries is full of pirates lol

How many Akatsuki cloaks did you buy? :3 We don't have manga in book stores as far as I know, but they will probably start selling it sooner or later. At least I know that it is getting legally published in Russian, which is a lot of progress already : D It is kinda weird too, in Germany every big book store has lots of manga, I even bought a volume of Naruto there. It looks so good on paper *_*

I thought there would be more anime DVD sales in your country cause you can just re-licence american dubs.. seems like I was wrong xD

lol i actually don't have one ._. lol and i dont read manga iether so don't have those x( but i've seen my friends collection lol
well we do have famous things that already came on local tv with english dub...so stuff like dbz, yu-gi-oh, naruto. but i haven't seen other things and definitely not in a place with a dedicated anime section. it's just mixed in with regular cartoons x) but hey maybe i just never found the place lol XD MANY people have anime that they've downloaded over here in schools and uni and probably after as well x) so i don't know how successfully it will sell lol downloading is just so much easier these days x(

Zero said:
lol i actually don't have one ._. lol and i dont read manga iether so don't have those x( but i've seen my friends collection lol
well we do have famous things that already came on local tv with english dub...so stuff like dbz, yu-gi-oh, naruto. but i haven't seen other things and definitely not in a place with a dedicated anime section. it's just mixed in with regular cartoons x) but hey maybe i just never found the place lol XD MANY people have anime that they've downloaded over here in schools and uni and probably after as well x) so i don't know how successfully it will sell lol downloading is just so much easier these days x(

Is your local dub very different from american? Is it inappropriate to broadcast a show where people don't speak in local accent? :D I think it is not so bad if they sell anime together with normal cartoons, this way it will get more attention from normal crowd =)

Yeah, same here, even people who really care about copyright and want to support the industry still download anime, cause you can only get 20-30 shows in stores. This year I've been in a big movie store in Moscow and they had a dozen Ghibli films, 2-3 popular tv series and that was it :/

MadaraUchiha said:
@[Sindar] Yea, friends from my previous school...........I miss them like hell, though.........

Yeah that happens often. Every time you change a school or start a new studying, a college or something you miss old friends..

@[Sindar] Yep..........I am still in contact with them though.........They live near my home and I chat with them through facebook..............And, do you live in America?

Sindar said:
Is your local dub very different from american? Is it inappropriate to broadcast a show where people don't speak in local accent? :D I think it is not so bad if they sell anime together with normal cartoons, this way it will get more attention from normal crowd =)

Yeah, same here, even people who really care about copyright and want to support the industry still download anime, cause you can only get 20-30 shows in stores. This year I've been in a big movie store in Moscow and they had a dozen Ghibli films, 2-3 popular tv series and that was it :/

nope, it's the exact same version that you would download off the net x) besides all the movies are almost American anyways...or Hollywood movies. many of us speak english...those that can't are in an unfortunate position though.
ah good point, although i don't think they put that much thought into it hehe XD

yeah especially if you really enjoyed it and you know you'll rewatch it. i mean we like what they do for us but its hard to support them. lol at least you have something XD although i think we may have those too coz i do remember seeing them on tv....well only spirited away but yeah, it's usually just the stuff that already came on local television. and it's not like there aren't other dubbed animes if they're worried about people not wanting to read subtitles hehe

MadaraUchiha said:
@[Sindar] Yep..........I am still in contact with them though.........They live near my home and I chat with them through facebook..............And, do you live in America?

Nope, I still live in Russia o_O

Zero said:
nope, it's the exact same version that you would download off the net x) besides all the movies are almost American anyways...or Hollywood movies. many of us speak english...those that can't are in an unfortunate position though.
ah good point, although i don't think they put that much thought into it hehe XD

yeah especially if you really enjoyed it and you know you'll rewatch it. i mean we like what they do for us but its hard to support them. lol at least you have something XD although i think we may have those too coz i do remember seeing them on tv....well only spirited away but yeah, it's usually just the stuff that already came on local television. and it's not like there aren't other dubbed animes if they're worried about people not wanting to read subtitles hehe

Sure, I don't expect people who arrange the shelves in those stores to know the difference :D

With the DVDs I don't even open the boxes that I am getting, to be honest ^^' I don't care for Russian dub and I would rather watch the movies in blue ray quality anyway :D And it is easier to brush the dust off the boxes if you leave them in plastic wrapping xD

I WISH we had subtitled anime on TV :mad: That would be just awesome. There used to be bleach in the time slot where I could catch it while having a dinner. I would have watched it, but local translation just made me sick >.< If they put it with subs everyone would have been happier (or if they hired professional actors, which apparently is an impossible thing to ask >.>)

Sadly. I live in a small town. There's a family owned book store here in town that sells some manga, not much. We also have a used media store that sells some anime, but not much. So I'm left to use Amazon and Ebay for all my needs or I have to drive over to a city in my state just to buy it so I don't have to wait or week or 2 on an order. Its pretty inconvenient, but there isn't much I can do.

Jupiter Zero said:
Sadly. I live in a small town. There's a family owned book store here in town that sells some manga, not much. We also have a used media store that sells some anime, but not much. So I'm left to use Amazon and Ebay for all my needs or I have to drive over to a city in my state just to buy it so I don't have to wait or week or 2 on an order. Its pretty inconvenient, but there isn't much I can do.

Two weeks, I thought they deliver the goods faster in the states. It is about the same over here, and sometimes my orders get lost and all that jazz..

Sindar said:
Sure, I don't expect people who arrange the shelves in those stores to know the difference :D

With the DVDs I don't even open the boxes that I am getting, to be honest ^^' I don't care for Russian dub and I would rather watch the movies in blue ray quality anyway :D And it is easier to brush the dust off the boxes if you leave them in plastic wrapping xD

I WISH we had subtitled anime on TV :mad: That would be just awesome. There used to be bleach in the time slot where I could catch it while having a dinner. I would have watched it, but local translation just made me sick >.< If they put it with subs everyone would have been happier (or if they hired professional actors, which apparently is an impossible thing to ask >.>)

lol so you buy them purely for supporting the creators then XD

tell me about it. it would help kids with there vocab too! or at least thats the excuse i always made. yeah i used too watch DBZ when i came home while eating....now there's nothing. haha why can't they just use the american dub then since thats what everyone uses

Sindar said:

lol so you buy them purely for supporting the creators then XD

tell me about it. it would help kids with there vocab too! or at least thats the excuse i always made. yeah i used too watch DBZ when i came home while eating....now there's nothing. haha why can't they just use the american dub then since thats what everyone uses

There are several places in my town to find anime and manga at. We have many comic book stores all around that are packed with anime and manga. Even the Booksamillion and Barnes & Nobles have entire sides of the store devoted to anime disks and manga books. It's all around, love it.

Iron Eagle said:
There are several places in my town to find anime and manga at. We have many comic book stores all around that are packed with anime and manga. Even the Booksamillion and Barnes & Nobles have entire sides of the store devoted to anime disks and manga books. It's all around, love it.

That is pretty awesome =)

Back